X-Position

Página 11 de 12 Anterior  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Seguinte

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir em baixo

Re: X-Position

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Mar 29 2011, 20:21

Recentemente foi anunciado que Daniel Way e Marjorie Liu não seguirão em Dark Wolverine após o cross Collision, com X-23, revista também escrita por Liu. Way, por sua vez, segue em Deadpool e também em Astonishing X-Men. Os dois autores foram os convidados do X-Position da semana.

Way comentou que está planejando um grande evento para Deadpool, no qual os aspectos mais sombrios do personagem terão relevância. Ele também revelou que na edição #36, vários personagens como Treinador e Grande Bertha aparecerão.
Marjorie Liu disse que há chances de X-23 interagir com personagens egressos de Arma X, como Deadpool ou Dentes de Sabre. Ela também disse que Laura teria muito mais a ensinar do que a aprender em Academy Avengers.

Os autores compararam X-23 e Daken com Wolverine. Daken é um sociopata, por isso é muito diferente do pai. Laura, por sua vez, sofreu graves impactos emocionais, então pode se tornar, a qualquer momento, uma assassina fria também.

Quando deixarem o título de Daken, Way e Liu revelaram que o personagem terá mantido sua base em Madripoor de onde ele poderá expandir seu poder, pelas mãos do novo escritor – Rob Williams. Way disse que viu os primeiros roteiros de Williams, e eles partem desse ponto mesmo e de alguns materiais de suporte deixados, como um iminente confronto com o Soldado Invernal.

Marjorie Liu revelou que, no arco que sucede o crossover, ela procurará resolver a questão do gatilho olfativo que faz Laura perder o controle. Liu também trará de volta momentos paternos de Wolverine com ela, principalmente com Jubileu no meio. Sua relação com Jubi é de rivalidade, mas, no momento, ambas estão passando por maus momentos e isso vai uni-las mais do que separá-las. Depois desse arco, X-23 volta a Nova Iorque, ao lado de Gambit.

Liu também disse que Schism mexerá com Laura. Ela terá de escolher um lado, de acordo com sua lealdade, e Scott com certeza não está na lista de pessoas favoritas dela. Way disse que leu a primeira edição de Schism recentemente e elogiou bastante.

Um questionamento que sempre surge é sobre a sexualidade de Daken. Liu disse que eles sempre tentaram fazer com que Daken fosse livre em suas ações: se ele queria flertar com um homem, nada o impedia. Por isso, os leitores podem esperar vê-lo ou com homens ou com mulheres. Ele não é apenas um “gay”, com estereótipos e tudo mais. Os autores sempre querem deixá-lo sem rótulos, livre em suas escolhas. Way disse que quando um personagem é revelado como gay, isso tem o propósito de chamar a atenção para alguma história, algum plot que será explorado. Não é o caso do Daken – o comportamento dele é só um dos aspectos das histórias que eles querem contar.

Way e Liu ainda não têm planos de voltar a trabalhar juntos. Way sugeriu que poderia ser em um arco entre Deadpool e X-23.

As últimas edições da dupla em Daken saem nas próximas semanas, como parte de Collision.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Abr 05 2011, 19:04

X-Position com Kieron Gillen:

Spoiler:
RoguefanAM gets right to the heart of the matter with the first email of the day, asking:
Is the "Schism" plot going to run through "Uncanny X-Men?" And if so, what characters will be the focus of this storyline?

"Uncanny X-Men " is crossing over with "Fear Itself" while Jason Aaron is putting the X-Men through "Schism." If you want the continuity for it, "Schism" happens after "X-Men: Fear Itself."
The issue of "Uncanny X-Men" after "Fear Itself" definitely deals with "Schism," as well as the emotional fall-out of "Fear Itself." And 'Uncanny' will be impacted in deeper ways than I can say here.

Translation: big things are going to happen. Keep reading!
Seresecros is next and also had a question about the focus of "Uncanny."
1) Now that you are the sole writer on "Uncanny X-Men," what will the focus of the book be? Under Matt Fraction, the book also featured a rotating cast. Is this -- and other plot points started by him -- going to continue?

OK, this is how I see it: if a character has anything other than a brief appearance, I want a meaningful experience in their lives to come from the story -- something that says something about their character and their hope and fears. If they're the core of the plot, I want a meaningful change to come from it. Which sounds really basic, I know, but I want a real core of emotions to drive the book. I want people to pick up an arc and know that if a character is prominent, it's going to twist them around its little finger.
However, we're also set on Utopia. There's dozens of mutants there. As such, I'm going to bring in cameos as and when the plot demands -- but they're clearly cameos, with them being used for what they logically should be used for, but not promising any more.
The "Fear Itself" arc will show what I'm thinking about. It's a very large scale plot. It involves pretty much everyone in Utopia. Many of them will be getting cameos. Many of them will be shown, in battle, performing a plan; however, the emotional core of the series hangs on a couple of love triangles. Oh, and the relationship between the civilian government of San Francisco and Utopia's high command.
The latter is a good example of the sort of story I'm picking up from Matt. As I've said before, I want to follow smoothly from what's gone before. The whole last five years of X-Men stories have been building logically from one another, and to head off in another direction now would be a heresy against the gods of narrative. So those sort of ones will still be in play -- Utopia, and what that means anyway. But where Matt was primarily writing a wartime Utopia, I'm writing a peacetime one. As such, the stories change in a way that I hope will be both logical and fresh.
It'll also be surprising. I think the next two years in the X-Men are going to be some of their most important of all time. It's going to change, which always suits the X-Men.

2) Will the plot point of new Lights popping up around the world be featured exclusively in "Generation Hope," or will other books stumble across them as well?

Possibly, though I don't think anyone has anything planned currently.
If a Light plot appears in another book, you have to assume that something's gone terribly wrong for that poor kid.
Generally speaking, the "Generation Hope" cast pop up logically as the plot demands. They're key in "Schism" -- and it's so much fun seeing Jason write them -- and they play into the one-shot issue #539. Which -- oh, I see someone's asking on this topic later. I'll save that. Onwards!

While we put a pin in that topic, Prodigy55 wrote in with a suggestion and concerns about a wardrobe malfunction:
1) Is Kenji going to change his looks to a different style anytime soon? Also, what is his codename? I suggest "Modern Art."

I like that one. Kenji, of all the Lights, has been the hardest to name. For someone as cynical as he is, he's not exactly the sort to play by the rules. Part of me wanted to call him the "Art Brute," but, yeah, exactly. He'd never do that and it's far too silly for someone who's a pretty dark character. I have learned to resist a bad pun.
Father! Now I am a man. (Still, it's better than Delightful Wife's suggestion of Mr. Stabby.)
Where was I? Right, the cast of "Generation Hope" all get their codenames in issue #8, after Hope shouts at them all for not having one. She is loud.
Kenji's style, well, that's touched on in #8 too. No, he won't be changing his style soon -- which is all kinds of sad.

2) Is Laurie supposed to be naked when she's using her powers? Why does she wear a dress and then take it off?

She flies better without the dress. Have you ever tried flying in a dress? It's tricky. Trust me. After my cross-dressing aerial accident of 2004, I swore to warn the world of these dangers, and Laurie is the vessel of my message.
Really, she flies better without the dress. I will deal with this explicitly -- no, not that explicitly, you mucky pups -- eventually. Maybe in issue #10 or 11, though I'm not 100% sure yet. It's a scene I've known since creating the character, but it's got to fit in naturally. For now though -- yes, she's naked, but no, she's not naked-naked.

So, it's kind of like how Donald Duck doesn't wear pants but is only considered naked when he takes off his shirt? Okay, I'll stop helping.
Phoenix Egg feels the need for things to be happy and lovey-dovey. What assurances can you provide?
1) Wolverine often acts as if he's not so fond of Hope. Does this mean he hasn't yet forgiven her for Nightcrawler's martyrdom?

That's one logical explanation, and it's the one which several of the cast think. While we see more of it between now and then, it's answered definitively in issue #539 of "Uncanny X-Men." Which is an odd issue to talk about, because when I describe it in a Previews-esque nugget -- "Hope gets kidnapped and Logan goes and rescues her" -- it sounds uninspiring. But it's actually one of my favorite issues, just because -- to go back to a previous theme -- it focuses right in on the emotions of the characters. It answers a question and then opens a whole other can of worms.
How can I make it sound more intriguing? Okay, how about this: last time, I think some people were asking whether there would be any depowered mutants taking an interest in Hope. Well, this is where that comes into play. A particularly desperate ex-mutant has kidnapped her.

2) When we see the Phoenix in Hope's pupils in "Generation Hope" #5, is that there just for us, the readers, or is Scott seeing it too?

Scott certainly saw something. So, yes, you can imagine what he's thinking. You'll see the first effects of that right in the opening of issue #6.

3) While the editors always make sure to let us know Jean Grey is dead, the actual printed story says she merged with the Phoenix Force. Now, which view is correct? Are Jean and the Phoenix one? Or is Jean gone all together? (Or is this question above your pay grade?)

Less above my pay grade and more the sort of thing I'd personally leave for the actual stories.

MarvelMaster616 wants to dig deeper into the subject of this "Jean Grey" person. What's her deal again?
1) It's pretty difficult to ignore Hope's similarities to Jean Grey, especially now that she has the Phoenix Force as was so eloquently reinforced in "Generation Hope" #5. So how do you make Hope appeal on her own merits when so much about her (whether intentionally or not) sparks connotations with Jean Grey?

Give me six issues and ask me again. On the painful side, there's something I'm really looking forward to writing in issue #11 of "Generation Hope" which breaks my heart even thinking about it. On the her-father-daughter's side, I'm actively proud of her in 'Uncanny' #539. My '90s-kid one-line description of "Generation Hope" has always been "'The Authority' Meets 'My So-Called Life.'" Following the latter part of that side through, Hope's very much our red-headed Angela. She's certainly not perfect, but I think she's interestingly imperfect. Or at least I hope.
By the way -- and apologies if I've got usernames confused -- last time I believe you asked me on a similar topic. I answered involving their personalities -- which I do think are different in a mass of profound ways. However, I think that the connotations of Jean are absolutely there, and the characters who know act with that in mind. To state the obvious from issue #5: Emma wouldn't stumble in conversation with most of her students.

2) How much longer is Kitty Pryde going to be stuck in that space suit? As you've written Lockheed before, will we get to see the reunion between the two in "Uncanny X-Men?"

Kitty gets out of the space suit all the time! Normally when it gets smashed off her. Joking aside, the whole Kitty intangibility situation is right at the heart of "Breaking Point."
Alas, I won't be writing the Lockheed/Kitty reunion. I actually did write a load of dialogue for the scene before realizing that there really wasn't room for it in "Breaking Point." I believe the first proper crossing of the paths will be over in Mr. Gage's "Astonishing X-Men."

3) Emma and Cyclops had a big moment in "The Confession" where they conceded that keeping secrets was bad. In "Quarantine," Emma basically fell back into old habits by keeping secrets about Shaw from both Cyclops and Namor. I assume this will come back to haunt her. Will Cyclops (or Namor, for that matter) be nearly as understanding this time?

Good question. But, yes, Emma hasn't been particularly good in keeping her end of the "Confession" conversation up.

Madroxdupe also has concerns about Emma. Can you please appease him?
1) Why (out of nowhere it seems) did Emma get nervous about Shaw? He's been in the X-Brig for quite some time, why now did it make her apprehensive? For that matter, why didn't Emma just mind-wipe Shaw while he was in the X-Brig? The backstory on this felt kind of forced as well…

I haven't ever actually talked to Matt about why he decided to do it this way around -- when I was co-writing it, I was deep in the caper. However, when I was writing Emma here, my understanding of her was basically:
• She figured it couldn't last forever. She had fundamentally been lucky. It was only a temporary situation.
• The reason she kept him there as long as it did was because she simply didn't know what she wanted to do.
• Because really? The easiest thing to do for her would be to kill him.
• But she really wouldn't want to do that sort of thing anymore.
So she decides to dump him as far from the sea as possible and wipe his brain. Why didn't she wipe his brain earlier? It's complicated.
She wasn't sure she was going to go through this plan. Maybe it would be just better to kill him. And if she did, she wouldn't want to kill a mind-swiped creature. She'd want to kill Shaw, if only to see that look in his eye. As Emma said, Shaw brings out the worst in her -- which is a different thing from saying that it was Shaw's influence that made her do all the things she did back in the Hellfire Club days. Even when they're not on the same side that's true.
The woman Shaw knew would have killed Shaw. And to show she's changed, she can't kill him. Which doesn't mean she didn't want to and...as you see, we're going in circles. That's why Emma strung it out. Because whatever she did, it wasn't easy for her.

2) In "Quarantine," why didn't they call upon Elixir? Is he still absent because of what he knows about Hope? Will we ever see him again?

Elixir is still currently MIA. Which is a shame, as Utopia could use a healer of his abilities.

Filthy Mutie has been thinking about Utopia too and is hoping you can provide some clarity:
Will Utopia's relationship with the United States of America and the U.N. be defined in a very clear, easy to understand way in the near future? It seems strange that all these dangers can be found in a place that has been claimed by mutants but is well within U.S. borders (propped up by Namor's kingdom), and everyone just leaves them alone. It doesn't feel like we know why this is, even though the rest of the Marvel Universe's political landscape is generally well-defined.

We touch on this in issue #536 in a couple of lines from Brand. In short, everyone's still deciding.

Well, while they're "deciding," let's have some fun with today's "Behind the X" question. As you wear a couple of different hats as the writer of both "Uncanny X-Men" and "Generation Hope," tell us about the most favorite hat (the kind you wear on your head) you've ever had.

Back in the days where I used to write about video games for a living, the office had a plastic Viking horned helmet. And when I had to write something with both speed and majesty (but without booze), I would don the helmet and attack the keyboard in a Norse-beserker-frenzy until my word count was annihilated. That was my favorite hat. It gave me power. It was a hat of power. I fear the day the Lord of Fear will let eight plastic Viking helmets fall to earth, for then would be a time of great turmoil.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qua Abr 06 2011, 10:47

O X-Position dessa semana foi com Kieron Gillen, autor de Generation Hope e do principal carro-chefe da franquia mutante, Uncanny X-Men.

Gillen contou que Uncanny X-Men estará em pleno cross com Fear Itself, quando Schism – minissérie mutante escrita por Jason Aaron – começar, mas que, cronologicamente, Schism é superior. A edição de Uncanny posterior ao cross estará totalmente ligada a Schism, assim como às conseqüências emocionais de Fear Itself.

O autor contou que o arco ligado à megassaga Marvel mostrará, ao menos em aparições breves, a grande maioria dos mutantes que estão em Utopia. Um ponto a ser ressaltado será o relacionamento entre o governo de San Francisco e o alto comando de Utopia.

Ele falou um pouco sobre as últimas edições também, particularmente sobre Emma e Shaw. De acordo com Gillen, Emma sabia que não poderia manter Shaw escondido para sempre (e ela está violando mais uma vez a promessa que fez a Scott de não manter mais segredos), por isso precisava lidar com isso de uma vez por todas. A melhor forma seria matando-o, mas ela não conseguiria, por isso a tentativa de enviá-lo para bem longe.

Perguntado sobre por que não usar Elixir para curar a todos em Quarantine, ele disse que Elixir está desaparecido no momento, mas que suas habilidades teriam sido bem úteis.

Sobre Generation Hope, ele disse que é possível que o plot sobre as Cinco Luzes também seja explorado em outras revistas, mas que não há planos atualmente para que isso aconteça, a não ser por sua ligação com Schism e também na edição #539 de Uncanny X-Men. Nessa edição de Uncanny, teremos mais sobre o relacionamento de Logan e Esperança, quando Wolverine precisará salvá-la. O foco será fortemente emocional, porque, até agora, parece que Logan não a perdoou por seu a causa indireta da morte de Noturno.

Quanto às aparições da Fênix no olhar de Esperança, o escritor disse que Scott já percebeu isso, e a lgiuns dos efeitos serão revelados no começo da edição #6. Gillen revelou ainda que os personagens de Generation Hope ganharão codinomes na edição #8.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qua Abr 13 2011, 11:31

X-Position com Stuart Moore:

Spoiler:

Marcus M. kicks things off with a logical question that ties in to Namor's first Silver Age appearance. Moore's answer, unfortunately, will undoubtedly leave Namor fans wanting, um, more:
Given Namor's ties to the team, will we see any members of the new FF pop up in his book? And given Johnny's role in bringing Namor into "modern day," might we see Namor's reaction to his death?
Well, first off, it's my sad duty to report that "Namor: The First Mutant" will end with issue #11, so we're not going to get around to Fantastic Four guest stars. I expect you'll see some of that, eventually, in Jonathan Hickman and Steve Epting's terrific new "FF" title.
And while I'm on the subject, "Namor" #9-11 form a storyline called "The Fire Down Below" that pulls together all the threads we've been building and brings them to a big, splashy, hopefully surprising conclusion. I'm very pleased with these issues -- as much as anything I've ever written -- and tag-team artists Carlos Rodriguez and Sergio Ariño are bringing them brilliantly to life. Their detail work on New Atlantis is stunning and the storytelling is both crystal clear and splashy as hell. If you've been reading, I think you'll like where we're going. If you've been thinking of jumping on, this is the perfect time.
You heard the man, people -- grab your solo Namor fun while you can! At least we'll still be able to see the Sub-Mariner in other books…that is, if he survives his final encounter in "Namor: The First Mutant."
Patrick D. wrote in because he's concerned that Namor might be a tad lonely, so he wants to check and see if our sea king should expect company soon:
Now that the Agents of Atlas are more "underground" than ever, what role will Namora play in Namor's court and his life?
With both "Atlas" and "Namor" ending for now, that's an open plot thread, as is the question of Namorita, who's recently returned. We'll have to see.
HypeStyle has something else he'd like to see more of -- Namor's powers. Can you lay out the odds for what he's proposing?
1) Will we be seeing more of Namor's little-used powers, like sea animal-mimicry or sea creature telepathy?
Animal mimicry is a very little-used one, that's not too likely to return. As for telepathy, I think I stumbled a bit in issue #1, where Namor refers to controlling fish. That's not quite right; he doesn't command them, but he can communicate with them through some mixture of telepathy and ancient mysticism. One thing we've explored throughout this run of "Namor" is the idea that there's something very, very special about the King of Atlantis. His very blood carries age-old power that can't be used casually, but is extremely potent. I think the creatures of the deep understand that on a primal level and respond to his will.
You'll see more of this in issues #9 and 10 and the question of logomancy and royal blood comes to a climax in issue #11.
2) How about giving Namor some Atlantean tech gadgets to work with, like a high-tech trident or something?
He has a high-tech trident! It shoots light-beams. He used it against the Aqueos in issues #3-4 and he'll definitely use it in the next few issues.
3) Will we be seeing any more new villains? And how about upgrading some forgotten villains, like Dr. Dorcas, Destiny or Captain Barracuda?
We have our hands full right now with the rebellion led by Commander Krang and his loose-cannon sidekick, Selach. That's about to come to a head as well.
AcesX1X is up next and he sent in a ton of quality queries. Since this is going to be his only chance to get them answered, I decided to just let him go for it:
1) You've had Namor battle the Aqueos and travel on his own personal journey to Hell -- and so far, he's maintained a fairly cool head throughout. But, for years, Namor was headlined with the adjective "Savage" in his title. Are there any plans to bring out more of that "savage" nature in this book?
That's an interesting question. To me, he seems always on the edge of turning savage -- of losing control, giving in to the primal, ancient-warlord part of his nature. But Namor's determined to forge a new, more civilized Atlantis, so for now he's keeping that part of himself in check.
That said, Namor does one pretty savage thing in issue #11, our big finale. It's a direct response to the death of a supporting character, which kicks off this storyline.
2) Loa's taking up the role of "sidekick" pretty well for Namor and she reminds me a lot of Namorita from John Byrne's "Namor" series. How does Namor view Loa? Is he ready to take on the responsibility of being a mentor again?
Loa has become part of the Royal Court of Atlantis, which means Namor has taken her under his wing. I don't think things have slowed down long enough for him to consider whether he's ready to personally mentor her, but in issue #8 he stood up to Cyclops and insisted that Loa stay in New Atlantis.
3) What's going on with the other underwater realms? The Invisible Woman is now Queen of Old Atlantis and we've yet to see anything from Lemuria. Any plans to have Namor deal with this, or are his attentions going to mostly focus on Utopia's Atlantis colony?
"The Fire Down Below" focuses mostly on New Atlantis, beneath Utopia. But we are dealing with the Lemurians, who -- like other Atlantean and Atlantean-affiliated races around the world -- have answered Namor's call to form a new colony under Utopia. Unfortunately, they've become an oppressed class, viewed as uncivilized savages by the Atlanteans…which makes them the perfect foot soldiers for Krang's rebellion.
4) Marrina's back with the new Alpha Flight relaunch after having to kill her (for a second time) over in "The List: X-Men." How will he react to her return and will that be seen in this series?
Not in this series. See "Namora" and "Namorita" above.
5) Besides Namor's flirtations with Emma, are you doing anything to strengthen Namor's ties to the X-Men? Are there any potential friendships out there to be built?
I don't think the ties need strengthening, particularly, because the sheer geography of New Atlantis vs. Utopia means their fates are intertwined. But I love the triangle of Emma/Namor/Cyclops. We dealt with that a bit in issue #8, when Namor returned from Hell.
6) What's the status of Namor's old Eco-Corp, Oracle, Inc.?
Trading down, but received some government bailout money last year. If you're considering investing, consult a financial expert; Comic Book Resources is not a qualified investment advisor.
7) What do you think Namor brings to the X-Men's table in terms of pure assets? Experience? Why is he tolerating the X-Men right now and why hasn't he beaten up Dr. Nemesis yet? Doesn't he remember fighting Nemesis from his Invaders days?
Namor tolerates Nemesis, as he tolerates many people, so long as Nemesis is useful. Don't forget that Nemesis was primarily in New Atlantis to figure out what was happening to Loa, whom Namor (a) likes and (b) feels a certain responsibility for, because the amulet that turned her into a water-breather was Atlantean in origin. But it's probably a good thing Nemesis was gone by the time Namor came back from Hell.
What does Namor bring to the X-Men? A lot of things: strength, flight, determination and a knowledge of what goes on beneath the seas that cover three-fourths of this planet. He's also the only X-Man with an army of warriors at his personal command. But mostly, it's that fierce, unstoppable determination that lets him do great things -- and that leads him into big trouble sometimes, too.
Cool Many fans think New Atlantis relies on Utopia for survival, but everything I have seen shows that the situation is actually the opposite. As a writer, what is your take on the Utopia/Atlantis partnership? Who needs whom exactly?
That is one of the major points of issues #9-11. You've hit it exactly: very literally, it's not Utopia holding New Atlantis up -- it's the other way around. New Atlantis is built around the Pillar, the metallic column built to keep Utopia from sinking into the Pacific Ocean. A threat to Atlantis is definitely a threat to Utopia.
At the same time, the X-Men's presence casts an (also literal) shadow over Namor and his people. Not all Atlanteans like that, or think it's a good idea. And can you blame them?

Til also was curious about the Atlanteans' mindset and asked the following:
Ever since Atlantis was destroyed, the Atlanteans have been all over the place. We've been told they live in secret across the surface world, in the open in Latveria and even in a new underwater city (Oceanus) in "Agents of Atlas." With the establishment of New Atlantis, what is the status of these Atlanteans? Did they come when Namor sounded the bell for their new home, or did they stay where they were at?
Some of them came, some of them didn't. We dealt with this a little bit back in issue #2: some Atlanteans no longer trust Namor's leadership, others had formed their own colonies (like Oceanus, in 'Atlas') and still others were afraid to travel because of the marauding Aqueos vampires. Gradually, more and more of Namor's people have joined him in New Atlantis, but not all. And some of the ones who have come aren't happy about the way he's running things. We saw some of that when Krang was recruiting allies in issue #7 and we'll see more soon.
By the end of "The Fire Down Below," some of the problems in New Atlantis will be resolved. But sadly, the King himself will pay a heavy price.
That's all from the readers and now it's my turn for some get-to-know-you fun with today's "Behind the X" question. It's a query I've tossed out to other guests, but I love hearing the variety of answers. So if you don't mind…what has been your most interesting/strangest con experience?
Just recently there was a scary limo ride with Garth Ennis and John McCrea, but it's probably legally unwise for me to discuss the details. So how about this: the first time I went to the San Diego ComiCon, I spent five days eating, drinking and hanging out with comics people. On Sunday night, my friend Tom Peyer and I decided to just get a drink by ourselves and decompress -- no comics people, no comics anything. We went to a "divey" Mexican joint, ordered two Coronas and then a friend of ours stuck his head out from the back room and yelled, "The drinks are free back here!" So we joined the party. The lesson: you can't escape comics…but sometimes the drinks are free.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qui Abr 14 2011, 17:12

O primeiro anúncio feito no X-Position dessa semana pelo escritor de Namor, Stuart Moore, foi o cancelamento da série na edição #11, que sai em junho. Essa história encerra o arco “The Fire Down Below”, que unirá diversas pontas soltas dos arcos restantes em uma grande conclusão para a série. Nesse arco, alguns dons interessantes de Namor serão novamente mostrados, assim como as propriedades do sangue do personagem. Os vilões principais dessa parte final serão o Comandante Krang e seu sidekick Selach.
A história basicamente será centrada em Atlantis. Uma outra raça é convidada a estabelecer abrigo abaixo de Utopia, mas acaba sendo vista como uma raça selvagem pelos habitantes de Atlantis. Usados por Krang, eles se tornam parte do exército para derrubar Namor. Ao final do arco, muitos dos problemas de Atlantis serão resolvidos, mas Namor pagará um grande preço por isso.
Moore falou também sobre Loa, uma jovem mutante que se tornou parte da Corte Real de Atlantis durante a série. Namor conseguiu inclusive garantir junto a Scott que ela pudesse ficar em Atlantis.
Como tanto a série da Namor quanto a Atlas foram encerradas, permanecem abertos alguns plots que poderiam ter sido explorados, como a situação de Namorita, antiga sidekick de Namor, que voltou recentemente.
Namor continuará sendo personagem constante nas revistas dos X-Men e exercerá um papel relevante nas próximas histórias de Uncanny X-Men.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Abr 19 2011, 19:04

X-Position com Peter David:

Spoiler:
Our first email comes from Lance. He has one question about the future, one about the past, and feels the need to plead.
What's up? First, I want to thank Peter David for getting me hooked on reading comics on a monthly basis way back in "X-Factor" #9. Now, I have some questions:
1) Will we ever get an explanation of the future that we saw at the beginning of "X-Factor" issue #12?

Nothing is forgotten, Lance. I was planning to revisit Mr. Tryp and a variety of aspects of that future history starting somewhere around issue #230. Don't hold me to that; there will be times when I'm working on a story and I'm suddenly struck by a notion which prompts me to go off in a different direction. I'm a big fan of allowing the stories to be organic; keeps things more lively and the fans on their toes.

2) Are you planning on explaining Cortex?

You mean the exact circumstances that caused him to be created? Not sure. I am planning to have him return -- I mean, big shock, he's not dead. If it seems appropriate to the story, then I might go into detail. On the other hand, over-explaining an origin isn't always a good thing.

3) Who do I contact in order to beg for a sequel to "Wolverine: Election Day?"

Pocket Books.

As long as we're discussing non-X books, Marius665 wanted to inquire about another title from your extensive list of works:
Are you ever going to get the chance to finish the plotline you set up in "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" with Quentin Beck and his "superiors" who sent him back from Hell?

Actually, Marius (you a fan of "Les Miserables?") when I was doing that story, mostly I was endeavoring to lay some trackwork for "One More Day." If you go back and read Beck's dialogue with the knowledge of subsequent events, you'll find that it actually makes a lot more sense. However since then, with the advent of Rahne's pregnancy and storylines that will be growing out of that beginning with #220, I've been kicking around the notion of returning to that and incorporating it into a subsequent arc. We'll see...

Well, our pal Rory wants to "see" if you have answers to the following:
1) Will you be able to expound in future issues about what happened to Layla and Shatterstar while in Latveria? Based on Shatterstar's reasonable attitude towards Rahne's deception of Rictor, it seems Layla has had a profound and maturing influence on him.

Yeah, I am, Rory. There's going to be some stuff coming up that's going to cause some serious rifts between Layla and key members of the team, and Shatterstar is going to wind up being a bridge between the two.

2) Is the "mystery person" behind Pip the Troll going to be revealed soon? Could you give us some hints as to his/her identity?

Yes to the first. As for hints, I'll simply tell you it's someone we've seen before, but not in this series.

3) Is there any chance of X-Factor becoming involved with the rest of the Avengers (aside from Thor) in the future? How about the Future Foundation?

There's always a chance, but it's not on the docket at the moment.

Hmm. It seems JC is curious about the manner in which teams are picked to get on that particular docket.
What kinds of things do you consider when you decide to match X-Factor Investigations against another team? Let's take the Thunderbolts as an example...

The question I always ask, JC, is: would the other team look good wearing trench coats and fedoras? If they don't, then I don't use them. On a slightly more serious vein, I don't really operate by saying, "Hmmm...it would be cool if I had X-Factor fight such and such a team." I would never say, "I want to have them fight the Thunderbolts."
Instead, it would be more along the lines of my developing a storyline and the needs of the story dictate involving a team such as the Thunderbolts in order for the mechanics to work. And if the story dictates require that the teams are going to come into conflict, then I figure out -- based on the personalities involved -- how I'm going to make that conflict as interesting as possible.

Marcus has a couple of queries about X-Factor appearances in books outside of their own:
1) The solicitation for "Avengers: The Children's Crusade" #6 mentioned a possible appearance by X-Factor. I was wondering if you were involved in this in anyway and if any of the revelations that occur in this series would be reflected in "X-Factor?"

I'm involved in that there are story elements that they ran past me and I said, "That sounds great." And yes, Marcus, they will absolutely be reflected in "X-Factor," beginning in #225.

2) Given their recent brush with the Asgardians, I'm wondering if the X-Factor team will be involved in the "Fear Itself" event?

We were thinking of tying in by changing the name of the team to "Fear Factor," but there were trademark issues.

By the way, has Simon Cowell gotten the team's permission for his latest TV venture? I wonder if people will think your comic is a tie-in. Anyhow...
MC doesn't like all the trash-talking that's taken place regarding his favorite diamond in the rough and hopes a certain X-Factor member might feel differently:
How does Monet feel about Emma? I know that Dani, Rachel and Kitty all have had problems with her, but it'd be nice for one of her Generation X'ers to stand up to those X-brats for change...

Unfortunately, MC, as I've intimated before, Monet is not a huge fan of Emma's. Although honestly, I think one of the major reasons for that is that Monet sees way too many similarities between Emma and herself. That happens sometimes: When people have negative personality traits that they see in other people, they automatically dislike that person without either realizing, or being able to admit, as to why.

Jamal had some thoughts he wanted to share about Monet and wanted to run them by you.
First, I love how you brought up Monet's Muslim identity in an organic way in the last issue. With Rahne (and now Monet), it seems like you are one of the few X-writers who can deal with a character's religious identity in a way that is natural, believable, and does not resort to one-dimensional characterizations.
This makes me really wish that Soraya was on X-Factor, since it feels like other writers have difficulty in figuring out what to do with her. They seem to treat her like Rahne was treated in the past -- a religious caricature or a background character. I doubt you would add Soraya to the team, but can I hope that X-Factor might get a case that involves the handful of Muslim characters in the Marvelverse?

The thing is, Jamal, I'd be concerned that it would come across like "And now, in a Very Special Issue of X-Factor..." Let's take it out of the Muslim context: years ago, I established that Leonard Samson was Jewish. No big shock there. He's a doctor with an Old Testament surname, and how many Leonards can you name who aren't Jewish?
After I wrote that, though, I didn't immediately feel a compulsion to have Leonard invite Sabra to a sedar or team them up on a story involving West Bank settlements. This isn't to say that I won't have Monet and Dust meet up at some point and discuss their, uhm, different approaches to their faith, if it's a meeting that seems reasonable and organic rather than simply manufactured because, hey -- two Muslim characters.

On a different topic, is there any chance you are going to be one of the writers for the "Dark Tower" TV series that's going to take place between the movies? And what is your opinion of the ending of Book 7 of the "Dark Tower" series?

Is there a chance? Sure. That chance, though, would kind of rest on their asking me. If they did, then I'm absolutely on board. But they haven't. As for the ending of the series, when you ponder the futility of obsession, then really, it was the only way it could end.

While we're on the subject of things outside of your control, Nick T. thought he would toss a request your way.
I know this isn't your department, but are there any plans to collect "X-Factor" in a nice deluxe edition or omnibus format that it so rightly deserves? If you can't answer that, then will Darwin be back anytime soon? He's one of my favorite characters and I'd like to see him again. Also, will you be doing another Madrox and Layla focused issue? The last one was one of my favorite recent issues...

You're right, Nick -- that's not my department. But perhaps the people whose department it is will read your comment and believe that there's a market for it. And yes, Darwin will be back eventually. Actually, I was planning to have him back for the storyline running from issue #220 through #224, but there wasn't room for him (and that gives you an idea of just how much is going on in those issues if I couldn't squeeze him in). He will be back, though.

We conclude today with a question from Vegetable (hey, I don't pick people's forum names, I just reprint them):
First off, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy "X-Factor." I started in the around issue #40 and have read backwards and forwards since, so thanks! From the start of the series to the renumbering, you seemed to have a clear direction about where you were going and how things would "end." Do you have a similar idea of where things are heading from here? How far ahead have you planned? And do you have another big finale planned?

Well, Veggie -- can I call you Veggie? -- I have general outlines in my head. But nothing locked in. I mean, there are writers who develop detailed two- and three-year overviews of everything that's going to be happening. God bless ‘em that their minds work in that organized a fashion. Mine doesn't.
I usually tend to plot based on what I feel the characters need and have them drive the story. That's why, for instance, I brought Shatterstar back; because I wanted to give Rictor something to do. When I did it, though, I only had short-term plans for Shatterstar. But I liked the dynamics between the characters and so kept Star around, and now I'm developing storylines that give them both something to do, as individuals and as a couple.
That's just how I build storylines. I don't have a long-term end game because they're not my characters. It's not like"Fallen Angel," which I write for IDW, in which I have an endgame/game changing strategy that I'm employing right now in the "Return of the Son" storyline. I have an over-arcing storyline that I actually hinted at with the Darwin standalone story a few issues back, and the stories to come will be playing against that. By the same token, I'll also have various shorter arcs that are freestanding so we don't have a constant case of, "In order for you to read and understand what's going on, you have to have read the previous nine issues."

And now to close out our little gathering, I have a "Behind the X" question tied to current events: at the recent WonderCon, you dressed as the Green Hornet and many folks didn't recognize you. Were you intentionally trying to disguise yourself? And what was the most fun thing you heard or did while you were incognito?

Here's the thing: I was brought out to WonderCon on Activision's dime because they wanted me out there to promote the new videogame, "Spider-Man: Edge of Time" which I'd scripted for them. And I wanted them to get maximum bang for their buck, so my feeling was that anyone who wanted to see me for any reason -- autographs, questions about "X-Factor," "Dark Tower," "Fallen Angel," whatever -- should have to come to that panel. But it wasn't until Saturday at 4:30 PM, and I didn't want to be a prisoner of my hotel room. So I put together a GreenHornet outfit.
I wasn't trying to emulate any single version; it was kind of an amalgam of several different styles and walked around. Attired in that manner, I walked around the convention and, aside from people asking to take my picture, no one stopped me. I honestly wasn't sure it was going to work; I thought people would walk up to me and ask me what was up with the costume. But not only did I fool the fans, I fooled people I've known for years -- Charles Brownstein of the CBLDF, Paul Levitz, Terry Moore, Mark Evanier, lots of people.
Probably the most fun was simply posing with the fans who wanted to have their picture taken with the Green Hornet as I'm thinking, "If only they knew my true identity." It was the "play" aspect of cosplaying. Although it was rather entertaining to walk up to Len Wein and say, "I'm a huge fan, Mr. Wolfman."

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Abr 19 2011, 19:20

Peter David está cheio de planos para X-Factor. Com tanta história para contar, o autor afirmou que não há planos para a equipe participar de crossovers no futuro ou entrar em conflito com outra equipe superpoderosa. Isso, contudo, não afasta as reviravoltas que ele promete para as edições futuras.
Por volta do número #230, o futuro do Sr. Tryp, mostrado logo nas primeiras edições da passagem atual de David pelo título, será revisitado. O escritor também planeja a volta de Cortex, garantindo que ele não está morto. Ele disse que haverá uma briga entre Layla e alguns membros da equipe e que Shatterstar, com base no que aconteceu entre ele e a jovem na Latveria e não foi mostrado, acalmará os ânimos de todos.
Ao redor da última aquisição da equipe, Pip, o Troll, pairam alguns mistérios, e David prometeu que eles serão revelados. Em breve, saberemos que está por trás de Pip, por exemplo. O autor garantiu que é alguém que conhecemos de outros tempos, mas que jamais apareceu na série.
O próximo envolvimento do X-Factor com outro título é uma aparição na edição #6 de Avengers: The Children’s Crusade. David disse que os reflexos dessa história aparecerão em seu título a partir da edição #225.
Ele brincou sobre o envolvimento de sua equipe com Fear Itself, dizendo que pensaram em mudar o nome da revista para Fear Factor, mas que não conseguiram por motivos de direitos autorais. Ele não disse nada além disso, então não há garantias de que haverá alguma ligação.
Um fã perguntou a David se há a possibilidade de Pó entrar na equipe ou haver algum contato com Monet, já que ambas são muçulmanas. O autor respondeu que não haverá nenhum contato próximo e que não discutiria diferentes pontos de vista de uma religião em uma história.
O escritor garantiu também que Darwin voltará ao grupo. Ele planeja incluí-lo no arco que vai das edições #220 a #224, mas não conseguiu inseri-lo. Contudo, ele voltará no futuro.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qua Abr 27 2011, 08:25

X-Position com Nick Lowe

Spoiler:

Marc is up first and he calls you out by name in his query:
1) I believe Nick Lowe once mentioned "The X-Cutioner's Song" was his favorite crossover. Is there any chance we could see Brandon Peterson, Greg Capullo or Jae Lee do some X-Men art…please?

Hells, yeah -- "X-Cutioner's Song" is my favorite! There's definitely some sentimentality in that love (our recent crossovers have at least had more of a clear story going on than "X-Cutioner's Song" and many other X-crossovers), but I still love it to this day. I love all three of those artists you mention, and Andy Kubert as well (who was the linchpin of that group). So many of those visuals are indelibly burned into my brain. If schedules and interest would permit, I would love to get all four of them on X-books. X-Cutioner's Reprise!

2) One thing I like is when you (the X-office) do the smaller crossovers between books (e.g. "Age of X"). Are there any plans for other smaller crossovers?

Well, we're right in at the climax of "Age of X" and in the middle of "Collision" (Daken and X-23), so we'll probably give small crossovers a little breather right now.

That's fine with Kellen, who just needs to know where their favorite character ends up during the big event.
Is Storm going to be caught in the middle of the Cyclops/Wolverine break-up in "Schism" given that she knows both men so well? What direction will she be taking within the X-Men in the upcoming year?

Storm is going to have a lot of tough decisions to make in the next year, but I promise Storm fans (especially X-Editor Daniel Ketchum, #1 Storm fan) that she's going to be a huge part of X-Plans.

Marcus was also curious about another mutant's opinion of the upcoming split, and had a few questions about other Marvel heroes too:
1) Given the way he left the team and his disagreement with Cyclops' ways, will Beast be involved in the upcoming "Schism" event?

Nope. Sorry bud, but Beast already Schissed (new word!).

2) Will the Avengers get involved with "X-Men: Schism," given that this is sort of like the X-Men's version "Civil War?"

They don't play a major role, but you'll see them in the pages of "Schism." This is mainly between X-folk until the end.

3) With the Scarlet Witch returning in the "Avengers: The Children Crusade," will any of the X-titles be focusing on the fallout of that event when the miniseries is finished?

Yep. You'll see one X-book impacted in a big way upon the conclusion, and that's just the beginning. Allan and Jimmy are killing with that book. Love it.
Now that you mention Wanda, Taurean was Wanda-ring something…

1) It seems that there are many "messiah" characters in the Marvel U; for example Nate Grey, the Scarlet Witch, and now Hope. Will these three characters eventually meet up? And could this spell a new version of the Illuminati -- one that focuses on mutantkind?

Provided Nate makes it out of the "New Mutants" arc alive, you can bet that there'll be a lot of catching up to do with him and the folks on Utopia, as well as more of the Marvel U.

2) With "Schism" set to divide the X-Men and mutankind, will the two main players solely be Wolverine and Cyclops? It seems that Xavier and Magneto would have plenty to say about Utopia and mutankind breaking up. Could we see the rise of new mutant leaders? Hope seems to be a potential candidate since she is the "messiah."

First of all, you are making a lot of assumptions about what "Schism" is about. I'll confirm that it centers on Cyclops and Wolverine, but that part about Utopia and mutantkind splitting doesn't sound familiar to me, and I know more about this event than anyone who doesn't have a scary beard and delights in the sadness of Frank Castle.

3) With the division happening soon, can we expect to see the rise of new mutant factions or teams? I kind of miss the days of splinter teams with their own purpose and initiative…

It's too early to share post-Schism details. What I will say is that the books coming out of "Schism" are going to be unlike anything we've seen in X-books in a long time.

Phoenix Egg wrote in with a couple of requests -- can serve these up with a side of fries?
1) I think there is a considerable lack of truly threatening villains for our muties to work against. I understand the mega-arc about survival we've been on the past few years, but can we expect some major mustache-twirlers to come into play soon? New ones, old ones…just give us villains and make them credible!

Huh? Have you been reading "Uncanny X-Force?" "X-Men: Legacy?" "New Mutants?" There have been a lot of hugevillains going on.

2) I'm excited for "Schism" and I'm wondering if Jason Aaron going to get his own team book after this event?

We sure love Jason in the X-office, so I'll try and make that happen just for you, Phoenix Egg.

Sounds promising! Anubis00 was inquiring about the future as well. Let's see what you say to this:
With Nate Grey coming back, what role will he play in the X-Men's future? And is there any chance of Hope and him interacting considering his ties with Cable?

Too early to say here, Anubis00. Pick up "New Mutants" for answers to this question.

You've got your homework -- get to it! Fea La Bella wrote in and brings up yet another event on the horizon:
1) Due to the secrecy of Wolverine's hit squad, will the "Uncanny X-Force" be torn apart by "Schism" or will they stay unified for the sake of their mission?

That's a good question to look for at the end of "Schism," Fea La Bella!

2) Can you reveal any more details about "Vengeance," a storyline apparently featuring the return of controversial fan-favorite Stacy X? Is this story in-continuity?

Yup!

Brief, but to the point. X-POSITION regular Faded has been looking into her crystal ball, but the future looks kind of cloudy. Can you clear things up?
1) Will the emergence of new mutants cause mutantkind to feel Utopia isn't needed as a sanctuary anymore? Will we start to see more branching out and villainous opposition amongst mutants in the future?

Faded! After our big story with Bastion and overarching anti-mutant stories, we felt that kind of story needed a break. It's kind of like a champ retiring on top. We haven't seen the last of that kind of story, but it is the last for a while.

2) We've seen the mysteries of "Age of X" unravel, but will any of the fantastic new costumes remain? How about the upgraded codenames like Eclipse?

Check out "X-Men: Legacy" for this kind of stuff.

We love stuff! And now it's my turn with today's get-to-know-you "Behind the X" question. Let's try this one -- when you first started working in the comic book industry, who were you most excited to meet and what was that initial meeting like?

When I started, I got to talk on the phone to Neil Gaiman on Day 2, and that was it. I had no clue of what to expect, but he was, and is, the nicest guy. I feel hugely honored to call him a friend.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qua Abr 27 2011, 08:50

O X –Position essa semana foi com o principal editor das revistas-X. Nick Lowe disse que, após Age of X (New Mutants e Legacy) e Collision (entre Daken e X-23), haverá uma pauta até algum pequeno crossover entre títulos mutantes.
O editor garantiu que Tempestade terá uma grande participação nas histórias mutantes no próximo ano e terá de tomar decisões difíceis, já que Ciclope e Wolverine, dois homens que ela conhece bem, romperão os laços em Schism. Outro personagem que está um pouco afastado, o Fera, não participará do Schism, pois, segundo Lowe, ele já se cindiu dos X-Men. Os Vingadores, contudo, terão uma breve aparição.
Ainda sobre Schism, Lowe disse que não há nada que garanta que Utopia e a raça mutante vão se dividir, embora Wolverine e Ciclope sejam os personagens principais e, ao que tudo indica, não seguirão o mesmo caminho. Nem mesmo afirmou se a X-Force vai ficar dividida. Ele garantiu, porém, que os títulos após Schism serão diferentes de tudo o que existiu nos últimos anos e que tentará que Jason Aaron escreva alguma revista depois do evento.
Com a volta da Feiticeira Escarlate, um título mutante será fortemente atingido, mas o editor não quis revelar qual será. Outra volta importante é a de Nate Grey, que, caso se saia vivo do primeiro arco com os Novos Mutantes, terá muito a fazer em Utopia.
Sobre Vengeance, que marcará o retorno de Stacy X, Lowe disse que a história fará sim parte da continuidade. Sobre a permanência de uniformes e codinomes após Age of X, ele pediu que continuássemos acompanhando Legacy.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 03 2011, 22:25

X-Position com Kieron Gillen:

Spoiler:

Christine P. starts us off with an email about someone who is both an X-Men and a creature of the night.
I'm a longtime fan of Jubilee, and with the exciting and potential-filled direction her character has now taken in the wake of "Curse of the Mutants," I was wondering what role she'll play in the ranks of the X-Men? And how much of the development she received in Kathryn Immonen's excellent "Wolverine and Jubilee" miniseries will you carry over and follow up on?

Christine, we'll be checking in briefly with Jubilee in "X-Men" #11, but I'm not sure when she'll be front and center again for a story. But don't worry -- we've put too much time into vamping her up just to forget about her, and wheels are already turning for how best to showcase her next. Her development in the great miniseries you mentioned is important. We won't let that go to waste.

That's good, because Kevin appears to have high hopes for this character as well!
Whether she is cured or not, do you foresee Jubilee remaining on the X-teams or staying affiliated with them for the long haul? Will her newfound ability to turn into mist be explored (as well as her other new abilities)? What about her interaction with other characters she is close with -- particularly those around her age?

Kevin, yes, this goes along with what I was telling Christine above. We're Jubilee fans here so she will be affiliated for sure, but to what extent is being decided. Jubilee has been through a lot for someone her age, so it's important to keep her active with the younger and more veteran characters. Specifics such as "mist powers" will be handled on a story-by-story basis.

Scouse Mouse wants to know more about one of the guests that is supposedly scheduled to interact with our X-pals.
Can you give us any hints as to what Elektra will be up to when she teams up with the X-Men? Will she admit to Wolverine that it really was her during "Enemy of the State?" Also will there be any interaction between her and Northstar? He would have some very mixed emotions regarding her; he owes her his life after she arranged his resurrection, but he was brought back as a homicidal maniac!

Yo, S-Mouse! Elektra is still a ways off before appearing in "X-Men" so it’s too early to talk (or even think) details yet. But when we do get to her it’ll be everything you ever wanted it to be. Specifically you.

I heard. I'm okay with it as long as they don't do anything to Cable…what?
MC helps us get back on topic with a question about the recent story seen in your "X-Men" book:
Emma Frost's interactions with Dark Beast and Spider-Man are hilarious, and I was wondering if you might be able to give us hints about which Marvel characters we can look for as guest stars in the near future? I love seeing your take on them.

MC, thanks. It was fun to write and I had great help from the team, especially Editor Nick Lowe. As for guest stars, we don't want to give too much away too soon. Lots of new faces. Some of those faces might be flaming. Some might be metal and rhyme with Scmoctor Schmoom. Who can say? But I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Froggy also appears to have enjoyed this tale and wants to know more of the nitty-gritty behind it.
1) What's it like writing Spider-Man? How do you find his "voice?"

I just think of the likable smartasses in my life and go with it. It's fun to write Spidey for the simple reason that wisecracks are always fun.

2) In your opinion, how does Spider-Man view the X-Men? Are they his friends? Co-workers?

A strange combination of both. I think "colleagues" is close. They are generally fighting on the same side, but maybe don't always agree on methods. There is always fun friction between him and Logan.

3) I like what you did with the Lizard and Dark Beast. Where did you get the idea to couple these two villains together?

When we started planning the arc, it became clear that we needed to add an extra surprise -- another character to complicate matters just a little extra. Nick Lowe had the great idea to use Dark Beast and I immediately warmed to the suggestion. Dark Beast is fun in a twisted kind of way. I'd love to write him more, give him more lines and really let him cut loose with the evil. I hope I get the chance someday. He's my kind of character.

4) Can we expect to see you writing "X-Men" again after Christopher Yost's arc?

Yes. Yost's arc is going to kick ass. But I'll be back after that.

Our pal Andre4000 has a few questions concerning a few other titles you are keeping yourself busy with.
1) With the recently announced "Fear Itself: Hulk vs. Dracula," it sounds like you should have a good amount of fun. Do vampires even pose a threat to someone like the Hulk? Missiles bounce off his skin; what threat to pointy teeth pose?

You've tapped into one of the most important questions of the entire arc. Here comes Hulk? What will you do? What can you do? It is a tribute to Dracula's cunning that he has to think up answers to these questions.

2) I read "Tomb of Dracula: Throne of Blood" and enjoyed it, but I thought it was supposed to tie into "Fear Itself." The "Throne of Blood: Birth of a Vampire" image that Marvel released (a shadowy figure standing in front of Marvel hero "souvenirs") seems to be something other than what came out this week. Are these two different books?

Glad you enjoyed it, because I sure enjoyed writing it. Yes, the issue was meant to show you the origins of somebody who plays an important role later. Stay tuned, true believer!

3) Will we be seeing more of this samurai vampire soon? Possibly in the "Hulk vs. Dracula" book?

Those are very, very, very good questions and the answer is…here comes the answer…I'm going to right now answer the question and...whoa! Look over there! (Runs away....)

4) Do you think Marvel would ever consider a Dracula series? They had "Tomb of Dracula" many years ago, and with Drac's new position in the Marvel U, I think it could be a lot of fun!

I think now that Dracula has been re-introduced to the Marvel Universe in such a big way that we will see much more of him. But an ongoing series? Sounds fun, but guys with bigger hats than I wear will make those decisions. A new and re-vamped "Tomb of Dracula" would be pretty cool.

Our last email of the week comes from Serge, who appears to follow your many literary accomplishments here and abroad:
1) From visiting your blog, it looks like you have a good following in Italy. What's it like when you see your books released in other countries? Are there any other places outside of the U.S. where you have a big following?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "big." Somehow I seem to have caught on a little bit in Italy and I'm grateful. Very nice people and smart readers over there. Two different festivals are flying me over to sign books and answer questions later this year. It's been a wonderful surprise.

2) You mentioned that you'll be visiting Italy in June. Are you going anywhere else in Europe? How do those kinds of tours work in the publishing world? Does the publisher bring you out there and arrange a schedule? Or are you heading out there anyway and a signing just worked out time-wise?

I generally go where I'm invited. So far it's just been Italy. I'm going in June, as you say, and again in the fall. The publisher arranges for a festival (sort of like a convention) to bring me out. It all works out pretty cool for me, and I'll ride the pony until it bucks me. I'm always surprised and grateful that anyone wants me to show up anywhere.

3) You said "The Deputy" and "Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse" are both out in Italy. Do the publishers there take care of the translations? Do you have any input? Are you curious how certain ideas are translated for different cultures?

I have no input, which is probably good since I wouldn't know how to translate anything. The publishers take care of it, and so far it's all worked out fine.

And this brings us to our get-to-know-you, "Behind the X" question, courtesy of… me! Victor, I know you've had the movie rights to several of your books pursued (and "optioned") by Hollywood, but of all your works, which would you most like to be seen made into a film and why?

Wow. That's like asking which of my children would I like to see be a success. All of them! I'll cheat and say two:
1) "Gun Monkeys," because it has been in the pipe the longest and is very close to clicking into place.
2) "Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse," because I'm so involved and was lucky enough to get to write the screenplay.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qua Maio 04 2011, 11:04

O X-Position da semana foi com Victor Gischler, roteirista de X-Men e fã confesso de Jubileu. O autor disse que a personagem aparecerá brevemente na edição #11, mas que não há planos para ela ser protagonista de algum arco novamente. Ela continuará ligada aos X-Men, mas ainda não se decidiu se estará em alguma equipe ou não.
Gischler gostou de ter usado o Aranha no último arco por achá-lo bem divertido. A relação de Peter com os X-Men é de aliados. Eles estão do mesmo lado, mas nem sempre concordam em usar o mesmo método. Sobre novos convidados, o escritor não quis revelar quais serão os próximos personagens da Marvel que aparecerão em seu título.
O escritor falou que, quando começou o arco, precisava de algum vilão que deixasse as coisas mais complicadas. Nick Lowe sugeriu o Fera Negro, e ele acatou. Gischler espera poder escrever o Fera Negro novamente.
O próximo arco de X-Men será com Chris Yost, mas Gischler confirmou que retorna ao título depois da passagem de Yost.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 10 2011, 20:04

X-Position com Rick Remender:

Spoiler:

When discussing morality, it includes many grey areas. Fortunately, the questions emailed by "Grey" seem fairly straight-forward.
I am loving your X-Force! "Epic" seems too small of a word to describe your run. I've got a few questions for you…
1) Is that a new baby Apocalypse growing in Fantomex's lab? Or were we misdirected in the first arc?

That is a totally different kid being grown in the World. The resurrected Apocalypse was assassinated in issue #4. Why is Fantomex growing this child? All will be revealed. But as you saw, once Fantomex assassinated Apocalypse, he made sure to walk over and get a blood sample on his fingers. So this was his plan from the beginning.

2) Have we seen the last of Father?

Maybe. Maybe not. I hate to not give an answer, but I would also hate to show my hand.

3) With the upcoming "Age of Apocalypse" arc, will we see Dark Beast, Sugarman, Holocaust, or Nate Grey?

Dark Beast plays an integral role, as does Holocaust -- but not the Holocaust you know, someone very different. Sugar Man and Nate Grey are currently involved in their own shenanigans.

Derek also inquired about a guest in the upcoming arc and was hoping for some clarification.
1) Gambit appeared in the promos for X-Force's trip to the "Age of Apocalypse," but AOA Gambit is dead. Is that just an error or is there a story reason for it?

A lot of time has passed since the last "Age of Apocalypse" story. The same way some characters do not remain dead in our world, Gambit did not remain dead in theirs. It was all part of a big back-story that I had written but eventually cut. It felt like exposition. I figure readers understand enough about superhero comics to know that if ten years passed in the world and a formerly deceased character walks among the living, some crazy event happened to bring him back.

2) You mentioned you will be using Apocalypse's greatest servants, but most of the well-known ones are dead. How obscure will you be getting? Diamanda Nero? Anais? Ch'Vayre? Assassin?

Divulging who will show up and who won't show up would take away some of the fun of the story. By issue #18, all your questions will be answered. But I would rather you discover things like that in the story itself.

MarvelMaster616 wants to know more about houseguests and the nitty-gritty -- particularly the gritty!
1) I really enjoyed the Deathlok arc, and I noticed he continued to linger around X-Force after the story was over. What's his current status with the team? Will he be joining them? Is he going to be part of another upcoming story?

Deathlok, while not an official member, is going to be camping out in Cavern-X, watching over the world. Using his tachyon transmitter, he communicates with versions of himself in the future to discover what fate awaits mankind. In many cases, the fate is a bleak one due, in some part, to the existence or misuse of the World. Fantomex has insisted he not destroy the World, and the noble AI that runs Deathlok has agreed. The compromise being Deathlok now stands guard over the World, allowing no one in or out.

2) It seems that every time a member of X-Force kills someone, it affects them profoundly. Whether it was their actions with the kid Apocalypse, Father, or Shadow King, it seems as though the nature of their job is getting to X-Force. Can you discuss where this is taking the team and how it will affect future stories?

For a band of superheroes to gather together in secret and go out and perform clandestine assassinations, they must accept that there are going to be many late nights of agonizing afterwards. There should never be a situation where killing a person is a simple endeavor, one without consequences. To me, the consequences are what make the book interesting -- knowing that what you're doing may save 10,000 human lives today, but it might cause greater problems down the road. It might cause you to lose a part of yourself as well. I look at every assassination as a domino falling, and, no, that does not mean we will be seeing Domino in the book.

That sound you heard was thousands of forum members giving off a sad sniffle.
Ben also had questions about the implications of X-Force's actions on the human psyche and the mutant Psylocke!
1) Psylocke definitely can't get over the Apocalypse boy's death. She also seems very worried when it comes to the possibility of Brian finding out about her actions on X-Force. Do you think she has what it takes to be in a team like this?

Right. The ethical quandaries that the team is placed in should beg the question, "Does any good person have what it takes to be on a team like this?"
While the jobs they take on feel absolutely mandatory to them, the late nights of hand-wringing over the decisions are inevitable. We saw in issue #5 all of the cast were having difficulty with the Apocalypse job: Fantomex discussing it with his mother; Wolverine suddenly in denial about the decision; Deadpool dealing with posttraumatic stress; and Betsy lying to herself in conversations with holograms of her brother.
If these characters were not traumatized by what they went through, they would not be heroes and they would not feel like human beings. Betsy will continue to work with X-Force because she wants to keep her friends safe. But she will pay the price for what she does -- as will the entire team.

2) With Warren not being himself that much lately and Fantomex all over Betsy (the cover to issue #12 is, just, wow…), it seems like the romance between Angel and Psylocke is doomed. I'm sure they love each other, but do you feel like they are in a toxic relationship?

They do love each other. And, were they two regular people living a regular life, I believe that they would be quite happy together. Their characters and their backgrounds align in a way that makes me feel that they belong together. However, in a situation such as the one therein, given that Betsy is responsible for containing the evil within Warren, there are sure to be some complications. And those complications will take their toll on both of them.

3) Magneto finding out about X-Force didn't seem like much of big deal to them. Will this be major plot point in the book in upcoming issues?

Everything in that issue is understated. We didn't spell out any one thing; we didn't even define what it was that particular Nazi had done to Magneto. I know what he did, but together, my editors and I all decided that it was better to leave it unsaid. Obviously, the team is not excited to find Magneto at their secret base.
I guess some things I assume readers will understand without me having to spell out. It is safe to assume that nobody is excited about the situation. Still, I don't think Wolverine took on the job out of fear of reprisal. I think he understood what Magneto had gone through, and what this man had likely done to him.

4) The "Schism" event will happen at the same time as the Dark Angel saga. Will you deal with the "Schism" fallout in "Uncanny X-Force?" It would be interesting if Wolverine, Angel and Psylocke take different sides in "Schism" and yet have to work together in X-Force...

X-Force will obviously be involved in all big X-events moving forward; to what capacity you'll have to wait and see. The events of the Dark Angel saga will spill over into the other books -- no question about it. The future of X-Force will be somewhat altered by the events of "Schism."

Ooh, prepare to have split feelings on the subject! Brian wrote in to ask about powers and leadership -- what do you say?
1) Psylocke has had her telekinesis for a long time, and considering that she was involved with Angel for even longer than that, when will she learn to fly already?

I can't speak to how Psylocke has been used by all other writers, but to me, having her fly makes her too powerful. Stealthy super-ninja/burgeoning Omega-level telepath is plenty for one character, in my mind. That's not to say that she hasn't been shown to have other abilities. To be frank, her history is a bit scattered and in order to make a cohesive backstory for her, I had to make some executive decisions as to what I would and would not be using. To use it all would just be too many ingredients in the soup, and I believe would make the character less interesting and believable.

2) Who is really leading X-Force -- is it Wolverine or Angel or both?

They are co-captains of the team.

3) Is Psylocke immune to the misdirection ability of Fantomex?

No one on the team is immune to the misdirection ability of Fantomex. No one.

"No one?" What could that mean? Or is that misdirection? Dangit!
Renaldo sent our last email of the day and he moves to a lighter topic -- giggles and games:
What's it like writing Fantomex and Deadpool, as they have a similar sense of humor? How do you establish a balance and not emphasize one making the other seem redundant? Also, what is Fantomex's current game plan, especially after the "Deathlok Nation" saga took a casualty close to him?

I find their senses of humor to be quite different. Wade is a bit cruder; his humor drawn from a tasteless jokes book bought at a thrift store. Fantomex is dry and sarcastic; aloof and slightly arrogant.
The meaning of Fantomex's mother's death is unclear. Purposefully. Though we did see Mother and Father both die in the Deathlok arc, we're never really all that sure who they are. Time will tell.

Well, as long as we're waiting, it's time for our "Behind the X" get-to-know-you question. Since X-Force has been dealing with alternate universes, let's try one of our own: if you never went into the comic book industry (a sad thought for us all), what occupation do you think you'd have?

Prior to working in comic books full-time, I was a feature film animator, storyboard artist, teacher at the Academy of Art University, animation director and all-around freelance illustrator. So I suppose, had I never made my mind up to build a career in comic books, I would still be working in video games and animation.
Had I never gone into the arts in general, I suppose I'd be a stodgy Wall Street executive looking for some angle -- some new equation -- that would allow me to bilk every nickel and dime I could from every poor working family in this country. I would drive around in my limousine, packed to the gills with cocaine, married to a woman who -- though very attractive -- has no emotional connection to me or the five children we had together. I would cheat on her regularly (desperately seeking out some emotional connection), while never spending any time with my children (who I would see as a chore). I would be so wealthy I would just have other people raise them.
Around the age of forty-five, I would drown myself in a toilet bowl full of the filth born of my excess, choking on the putrid, digested mess -- an embodiment of the terrible decisions that I had made -- while stabbing myself in the stomach with a broken shard of glass from my shattered "trader of the year" award.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 10 2011, 20:27

O X-Position dessa semana foi com o escritor de Uncanny X-Force, Rick Remender. Ele tratou de revelar algumas novidades, mas também de aguardar muitos mistérios.
Desde o arco em que o Deathlok voltou, ele está morando na Caverna-X. O escritor disse que ele ficará por lá por enquanto. Com sua capacidade de se comunicar com suas versões no futuro, o Deathlok é capaz de conhecer as ameaças do futuro.
Remender disse que aquela criança que está crescendo no Mundo é diferente do Apocalipse morto por Fantomex na edição #4. Fantomex guardou uma amostra de sangue no assassinato, e a nova criança faz parte dos planos dele. O escritor não revelou se teremos mais alguma participação do Pai, que esteve nesse último arco e aparentemente foi morto.
No arco da Era do Apocalipse, que começa na edição #11, Fera Negro será um dos protagonistas. Holocausto fará parte do arco, mas não o Holocausto que nós conhecemos. Homem Doce e Nate Grey não aparecerão. Gambit, que estava morto na Era original, estará vivo, pois, assim como personagens voltam na realidade 616, eles voltam em outras realidades. Remender havia escrito uma história de back-up sobre a volta dele, mas ela foi cortada.
Arcanjo e Psylocke se amam, mas os muitos problemas que eles têm trazem algumas complicações que estão minando seu relacionamento, por isso Fantomex está mais próximo de Betsy.
Remender disse que tudo na revista tem um propósito, então Magneto não descobriu a existência da equipe à toa. Ninguém da X-Force gostou de fazer isso, e Wolverine também não gostou muito de fazer um serviço para ele.
O autor garantiu que os reflexos de Dark Angel Saga serão sentidos nos outros títulos e que Schism afetará o destino na X-Force.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qui Maio 12 2011, 10:53

Os Piratas Siderais estão de volta, em X-Men Legacy:

Spoiler:

Havok, Polaris and Marvel Girl. Remember them?
They're the team of X-Men who went off to space — way back during Ed Brubaker's run on Uncanny X-Mencirca 2006 — and never came back. They reformed the Starjammers space pirate crew and played a part in stories like War of Kings, but have mostly been relegated to X-limbo in recent years.
That's about to change in a rather significant way come August's X-Men Legacy #254, the start of the four-issue "Five Miles South of the Universe" arc that sets Rogue's team on a mission to the stars to find their lost-in-space teammates. After all, they were said to be on their way to back to Earth in Realm of Kings, but haven't been seen since.

"The last we heard, Rachel [Summers], Havok and Polaris were on their way home," X-Men Legacy writer Mike Carey told Newsarama via Skype. "That was some time ago, and they haven't been seen. So, where are they? What is going on in the Shi'ar Empire now? What is going on in the aftermath of the War of Kings? We've seen some of that, obviously, inRealm of Kings. But there were lots of reasons to revisit those characters, to bring them back into continuity, not least because they're very, very cool characters, and they’ve been out of play for a long time."
Cool characters, and ones with major roles in X-Men history. Havok is not only the brother of Cyclops, he and Polaris were the first two mutants to join the team following the original five. (Mimic joined earlier but he is, as any Marvel trivia buff can tell you, not a mutant.) Rachel Summers calls herself Marvel Girl in tribute to her mother, Jean Grey — she's the daughter of Cyclops and Jean from the bleak "Days of Future Past" timeline.
At any Marvel convention panel in the past year, fans will inevitably ask about the status of the trio. Carey himself is excited for their return — he hasn't gotten the chance to write any of them before — and it sounds like the four-issue arc won't be the last we see of them.
"It won't be a clean in-and-out," Carey said. "Some of those characters will stay with us for a while."
In X-Men Legacy's nearer future is June's oversized issue #250, which offers the first look at the Starjammers gang in a back-up story where Marvel Girl telepathically contacts Rogue, before being pulled back into interstellar conflict.
"We took a bit of a risk with that story," Carey said. "It's told in a very, very odd way, but it's a way that allows us to draw links between a lot of things that have already been seen, or already been hinted at."

X-Men Legacy #250 will have 32 story pages, with the back-up hinting towards "Five Miles South of the Universe," and the main section setting the stage for the immediate future.
One of the major changes in the current state of X-Men Legacy is the title functioning as a proper team book for the first time since gaining the "Legacy" suffix with issue #208 back in early 2008.
"I've always kind of had the best of both worlds, because although it was a book with a solo protagonist, I was usually able to sneak in a team when I needed one or wanted one, and the beauty of it was that I could choose the members of that team pretty much freely, as in the "Necrosha" tie-in that we did," Carey said. "I just cherry-pick all the characters I'm busting to write."
This team — Rogue, Gambit, Professor Xavier, Magneto, Frenzy and Legion — have what Carey called a "very specific mandate," and are put together "to deal with a very specific threat."
"The arc that starts in #250 introduces a new villain to the X-Men universe, who we're quite excited about," the writer shared.
Given that X-Men Legacy started life as effectively a Professor X solo title, and then evolved in recent years to being focused on Rogue, the fact that the team includes both — and closely associated characters Magneto and Gambit — makes the lineup seem like an inevitable outcome of the title's evolution.
"I think it's a very natural development," Carey said. "But at the same time, it's a colossally overpowered team, isn't it? It has more than its fair share of really heavy hitters, so I'll leave you to imagine what kind of threats they're dealing with."

X-Men Legacy #248, just released this week, began to deal with the fallout of the six-part, Carey-written "Age of X" storyline. Given that Legion (whose split personality created the "Age of X" reality), is a regular cast member of the title, expect ramifications from the story to be felt for a good while.
"We are definitely following up on this," Carey said, adding that Frenzy, Rogue and Gambit will also be grappling with post-"Age of X" issues. "There's a sense in which #248 and #249 are both aftermath issues, although only one of them is called that. #249 is kind of Janus-faced, it looks backwards and it looks forward to #250 and the new team."
When talking about "Age of X," it's clear that the writer has a lot of pride in the story.
"It feels like a culmination, in a lot of ways," Carey said. "It's the biggest and most ambitious story that I've told — by myself — in the X-verse. Obviously, "'Messiah Complex' and 'Second Coming' were bigger, but they were also collaborative efforts involving many different creative teams. This felt more personally mine, so the pride I feel in finishing it off and getting it out into the world is proportionally greater."
Carey feels that his enthusiasm, for the most part, has been matched by the often hard-to-please X-Men fans.
"There were some who said, 'We've been here before, it's kind of 'Age of Apocalypse'-light,' and so on, but I think by and large, it found its audience, and it fired up people's imaginations," Carey said.
And while "Age of X" became a franchise-sweeping saga that took over two ongoing books for three months, it started from humble beginnings.
"It was just a hugely exciting experience, because it grew in a very organic — but at the same time very surprising — way, from a small seed," Carey continued. "The initial concept was just to get all of the different teams of X-Men into the field against each other, and then it kind of grew into this other thing. Then Clay [Mann] and Steve [Kurth] came on board and we hit warp speed. I was utterly delighted and amazed at the character designs, the settings, the way the artists brought that world to life. The whole thing has been a blast."

Mann and Kurth are both sticking in the X-Men Legacy art rotation, with Kurth coming back on board with #254. Age of X: Universe artist Khoi Pham is scheduled for X-Men Legacy #250-#252.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Qui Maio 12 2011, 11:20

Destrutor, Polaris e Garota Marvel estão de volta aos X-Men. Sumidos desde Realm of Kings, quando começaram seu retorno à Terra, depois de uma temporada como Piratas Siderais desde a passagem de Ed Brubaker pelos X-Men, eles aparecerão no arco “Five Miles South of The Universe”, em quatro edições a partir de X-Men Legacy #254, que será lançada em agosto.
Carey afirmou que há diversas razões para trazê-los de volta, mas a principal dela é que são ótimos personagens, cujo retorno foi sempre pedido pelos fãs. O escritor garantiu que alguns deles permanecerão em Legacy.
Em X-Men Legacy #250, que sai em junho, haverá uma pequena história mostrando a tentativa de contato telepático de Rachel com Vampira. Na última edição lançada do título, a #248, os leitores ficam sabendo que Revenant, a Fênix de Era do X, era na verdade a forma astral de Rachel que estava chegando a Utopia para transmitir uma mensagem aos X-Men. Com Moira, uma das personalidades da cabeça de Legião, construindo outra realidade, a forma astral de Rachel fez parte de Era do X. Com o final do arco, sua mente se dissociou de seu corpo e permaneceu em Utopia.
Antes, porém, de “Five Miles South of The Universe”, há as consequências de Era do X (na #248), histórias separadas de alguns personagens de Legacy (#249) e um arco com um novo vilão. Desde 2008, será a primeira vez que a revista trará uma equipe própria de X-Men, não mais focada em um único personagem. A equipe será formada por Vampira, Gambit, Xavier, Magneto, Frenesi e Legião e enfrentará uma nova ameaça, introduzida no número #250.
Carey disse que o grupo terá muitas tensões, principalmente pelos relacionamentos passados que envolveram alguns desses personagens. Vampira não será a líder do grupo, embora continue sendo um dos centros da atenção. Será o Professor Xavier quem proporá a reunião dessa nova equipe.
Quatro dos seis personagens de Legacy estarão no espaço em “Five Miles South of The Universe” (pela capa, serão Magneto, Vampira, Gambit e Frenesi) para lidar com a crise entre Kree, liderados pelos Inumanos, e Shi’Ar. Durante o arco, Xavier não descobrirá que Lilandra morreu, mas seus companheiros de equipe saberão. Isso significa que o Professor ficará sabendo em breve.
Durante essa nova fase do título, Carey trabalhará com três desenhistas: Clay Mann, Khoi Pam e Steve Kurth. Enquanto Phoi desenhará as edições #250-252, Kurth será o responsável pela arte a partir da edição #254.
Carey também confirmou que Legacy será fortemente impactada por Schism, principalmente Magneto e Xavier, que terão de definir suas posições. Por isso, haverá mais mudanças em Legacy após essa próxima megassaga.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  Madonna em Qui Maio 12 2011, 17:29

Até que em fim!!!! Equipes! Tava faltando isso.
Eu já vi a capa:

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/e/c0/4dcc1e4f5ad21/detail.jpg
Madonna
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 17 2011, 18:42

X-Positon com a dupla DnA:

Spoiler:

Arachne wrote in with a cheery message (and some queries) to greet you to our little X-clique!
Welcome to the New Mutants, Dan and Andy! I was a big fan of your "Legion" run, so I'm glad to see you guys on my other favorite super-team. Here are a couple of my many questions:
1) How does the team feel about Magneto being on Utopia? They've seen more of the noble side of him than just about anyone because of his time as their headmaster. Do they still care about him, or do they see his latter actions as a betrayal?

That's definitely something we intend to explore. They would have more sympathy towards him than most, but perhaps a greater sense of betrayal as a result. Keep reading…

2) Will the kiss between Sam and Dani develop into a romance? I really hope not. They seem more like siblings than lovers to me…

The course of their relationship is never going to run smoothly or easily, but there is no denying they are very much connected at the most basic emotional level.

JediGandy7 wants to hear more about the state of Mr. Guthrie and how his feelings will be on display during your run…
1) What are your views of Cannonball's character? Do you see him as a mature, confident leader (as Fabian Nicieza portrayed him as during his "X-Force" days)? Sometimes in stories, it feels like he's "dumbed down" to fit a character mold he has outgrown…

We really feel he's a little burned out right now. He was -- and is still -- capable of being that great leader, but doing it took its toll. As Sam says, maybe he was the great leader they needed while they matured as a team. Now, they need a different one. What becomes of him, then?

2) What are your thoughts on Moonstar getting re-powered? Should she be a mutant or Valkyrie…or both!

Either would be great; both would be awesome -- but isn't it also great that she's one of the few characters in comics who's just as cool without any powers at all?

Hm, food for thought. Ciel had concerns about yet another character and feels as though this person isn't giving 110% to their team:
In my opinion, Sunspot seems like he's been the same "playboy with a heart of gold who has to keep explaining that he's strong but not invulnerable" for too long. There was even an in-joke about it during "Second Coming." As former Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club, he should have business connections and resources that would benefit the X-Men on Utopia even more than the help he provides on the battlefield. That's my take anyway, but I'd like to hear what you think about the character…

We have plans for him that make sense of who he is without forgetting what he's always been. His business connections are a really interesting take. Could he do more good from behind a desk? You're right -- people tend to forget that there's so much more to him than the loveable joker thing.

Metal Woman has unresolved issues she wants you to, um, resolve.
DnA, I wanted to say that I loved your work on the "Legion of Super Heroes," and I appreciated that you handled so many unresolved issues in "New Mutants" #25. With that said, here are some questions for your hopefully long run…
1) Will there be any more fallout from "Age of X" besides its effect on Cannonball? As a huge Cypher and Warlock fan, I especially wonder if being merged into a single being for a week had any effect on them?

Yes, there will. We can't say what yet.

2) While I know the best laid plans of mice and comic book writers rarely work out, what "loose ends" do you hope the New Mutants clean up in future arcs?

Goodness! The X-book continuity has more loose ends than most. Can we say Blink? I think we can. Can we say...no, we definitely can't say that yet!

Don't tease. That said, Anubis00 wrote in about a topic that has been teased since the series' first year.
Back in "New Mutants" #10, Cyclops said he was searching for the next leader of the X-Men to take his place. Cannonball was a potential candidate, but after "Second Coming" and "Fall of the New Mutants," Cannonball's resolve as leader has noticeably crumbled. I know Nate Grey is set to come back soon; is it premature to assume that X-Man could be the next leader Cyclops is looking for?

It's not premature to speculate. There's Nate. There's Hope. Sam's still in the frame. And there's always Dani...

Argh, more teasing! In retaliation, Renaldo will barrage you with questions from his six-shooter!
1) As a huge fan of the Marvel Universe cosmic work you've done, I just wanted to know what interested you to take on the New Mutants? It must also be tricky to come in after Mike Carey's brilliant "Age of X" event. Any plans for lineup changes to the unit as well?

That is a tough act to follow. We've got what we think are some great stories to tell, and were just now framing up the biggest and most awesome of them to make sure it will actually fly. As for lineup changes -- be careful what you wish for!

2) What inspired you to use Nate Grey, as I felt his return in Osborn's "Dark Reign" was underplayed and not the big event it should have been?

Um, because his return in "Dark Reign" was underplayed and not the big event it should have been? No, seriously! "Dark Reign" was great, but there was definitely more that needed to be done with the character and the situation…

3) Is Nate going to be a future roster member or is he just there for a certain mission? How would you see his role as a member of the team?

Waaaayy too many spoilers to be able to talk about that right now!

4) How are the plans shaping up for the "Fear Itself" tie-ins, as the team boasts Dani who has links to Hela and Asgard? Will her Valkyrie factor weigh in here along with Brunnhilde, or will Dani and the New Mutants play their own isolated roles in combating the Serpent during this event?

Our "Fear Itself" story is looking amazing, thanks to the astonishing design work that artist David Lafuente is producing. It really is a story that plays with the New Mutants special relationship with Asgard. This story could only happen to them!

5) "Annihilators" issue #3 featured a killer final page with some well-known, but not surprising, favorites. What inspired that choice given Marvel's "Secret Invasion" big event? Were they not already highlighted in an event as a species with an aim that failed?

That's why. It was a little more "Unfinished Business" -- a last ditch attempt to set things right.

6) Finally, it was interesting to rope in Spider-Man in "Heroes for Hire" #6 and to see what lies ahead for the folks under Control. It seems that Paladin may be not passing on Misty, but is this potentially illicit romance something that will lead to revelations of who controlled Control? Are there hints you can drop as to who tricked control and what's the endgame?

Keep reading. The Spider-Man arc and the "Fear Itself" story will answer many of those key questions, we promise!

We've reached the end of our reader emails, but before you go, I get my turn with a get-to-know-you, "Behind the X" question! I'm going to need you to separate from your DnA one-mind persona though, as I'd like each of you to answer the following: considering all the work you two do together, what subjects do you discuss most besides comics?

Dan Abnett: I think we spend an inordinate amount of time talking about the music of Ben Folds and Rush -- and giggling a lot at "Jokes That Do Not Seem Funny To Other People."
Andy Lanning: We do like to have a good old kvetch about the week's latest comics haul. Dan tends to have a pile of new issues which he'll share with me (his local comics shop is closer than mine, so I rely on him for up-to-date stuff). And we like to recommend new books and TV shows that the other may not have seen.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 17 2011, 21:17

Após um período de indefinição em Novos Mutantes, em que o título ficou sem equipe criativa e fez parte de Age of X, Dan Abnett e Andy Lanning assumiram a revista a partir dessa mês, na edição #25. Logo de partida, os Novos Mutantes terão de resolver os negócios inacabados dos X-Men, a pedido de Ciclope. A primeira missão será encontrar e capturar Nate Grey. Eles também revelaram que a Blink estará nas próximas missões.
A dupla DnA prometeu que um dos temas que pretende explorar é a presença de Magneto em Utopia, já que ele foi mentor da equipe há vários anos. Embora eles tenham mais simpatia do que outrora, ainda mantêm um sentimento de traição pelo que Magneto fez com o grupo.
Sobre o relacionamento entre Sam e Dani, os escritores disseram que não será um romance tão simples, mas que certamente há uma forte conexão entre os dois. Abnett e Lanning afirmaram que, como Sam mesmo disse, ele foi um grande líder enquanto a equipe crescia, mas agora eles precisam de alguém diferente para liderar o grupo. A revista explorará as consequências disso para a vida de Sam e sua permanência no grupo. Eles também pretendem retomar a discussão sobre quem poderá ser o futuro líder da espécie mutante, deixada por Zeb Wells na edição #10. Entre as opções prováveis estão, além de Sam, Esperança, Dani e Nate Grey.
Muitas perguntas foram feitas sobre Nate Grey. Os autores acreditam que Reinado Sombrio deixou a desejar em termos do retorno de X-Man, que poderia ser mais bombástico. A dupla não quis revelar se Nate integrará o elenco dos Novos Mutantes nas próximas edições.
Os autores falaram sobre Dani. Para ele, ela é uma excelente personagem sem seus poderes, então podemos acreditar que ela continuará assim. A dupla DnA também tem planos para Mancha Solar e seus negócios.
Os Novos Mutantes saíram recentemente de Era do X, e os efeitos daquela realidade não recairão apenas sobre Sam. Os escritores, contudo, não deram mais detalhes a respeito dos impactos sobre outros personagens.
Sobre detalhes mais do futuro da revista, eles disseram que, a partir da edição #29, os Novos Mutantes terão um tie-in em Fear Itself. O núcleo da participação será a ligação do grupo, principalmente de Dani, com Asgard e Hela. O artista nesse arco será David Lafuente.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 24 2011, 19:22

X-Position com Christos Gage:

Spoiler:

Charlesn2 wrote in with kind words and an assortment of Gage-related queries. Isn't it nice to have fans?
I'd like to start out by giving my highest compliments to "Avengers Academy," which in my opinion is the best written Avenger titles ever! Here are my questions:
1) I was wondering if there was any room at the Avenger Academy for X-23 (given her past) or any of the younger X-Men?

Thanks for the compliment, Charles! And that is an excellent notion, and one that has occurred to us as well. Post-"Fear Itself," there's a decent chance of a greater mutant presence in "Avengers Academy."

2) "Absolution" was one of my favorite limited series and I have been looking forward to the sequel. Do you have any idea when it will be released?

Thanks! I've written five out of six issues, and my understanding is it will start to come out towards the end of this year.

3) I'm also looking forward to your "Angel and Faith" series. Do you have any news or teases you can share with us?

Not really. It's all pretty hush-hush. But I can tell you Rebekah Isaacs, whose art you can see in the upcoming "Iron Man : Iron Age" miniseries (in which I also did a story with the dream team of Lee Weeks and Tom Palmer) is doing amazing work! And I think the conclusion of our first issue will blow some minds!

4) In your "Astonishing X-Men" arc, will you be dealing more with Kitty Pryde and her problems in controlling her abilities?

No, she's too busy with the Brood. But Kitty and Lockheed have been reunited after far too long, and we'll continue to see how that plays out!

Renaldo is glad to see the crew you've assembled and wants to know more about the cast of your story:
1) How did you decide on your roster for this "Astonishing X-Men" arc? And why did you choose to use the Brood? Is Scott's split with Hank as teammates (or vice versa) going to be much of a factor in your story?

Renaldo, it kind of came together naturally. These were the characters who weren't part of Daniel Way's story. We noticed they also happened to be characters who would be a good fit for a Brood story, given their histories both with the Brood and, in Beast and Brand's case, their affiliation with S.W.O.R.D. The Scott/Hank split was mentioned in issue #38, but other than that it is not a huge part of the story... although with something called "Schism" on the horizon, I'd imagine it'll be dealt with somewhere!

2) How closely is this story tying into Way's arc, and did you guys discuss things when threading these books? Also, in using S.W.O.R.D., Brand, Beast, Kitty, Piotr and Lockheed, there's a strong cosmic influence felt from the Whedon run. Did you draw a lot from his "AXM" tenure to write your new arc?

Aside from some little nods to each other, like Armor fighting artificial Brood creatures in the Danger Room, the two stories are intended to stand alone so readers don't feel they have to buy one to follow the other. (Not that we mind!) As for Joss Whedon's run, I loved it -- it was actually my first exposure to his work. I was definitely influenced by it, and also by the classic Chris Claremont era of stories he and I both grew up reading.

3) As a keen follower of "Avengers Academy," how was the transition into the new book from the Initiative work that you did? Do you miss the old cast (although we did see a few in issue #13)?

I do miss the old cast, but it was nice to see them in #13 and in the "Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt" miniseries. But it's also fun to tackle a smaller cast of characters. The transition was pretty smooth... for me, anyway!

4) How did you go about crafting the new Academy team members and deciding which path to take for them? Is any of your influence drawn from early X-Men books?

There's definitely an influence, both to the original X-Men stories that took place at Xavier's School and to the New Mutants. In both cases, there was a feeling that these kids are having to make weighty decisions that could affect the rest of their lives -- for better or worse -- and the idea of their powers making them outcasts or unfit for normal society. I really wanted to capture that dynamic.

5) With the adolescent romance in the Academy coming to fruition in the latest arc, what jolted you to the inter-faculty romance with Pym and Tigra, especially after her shady pregnancy and the death of Jan?

Well, they had been involved previously in "West Coast Avengers" and there's history between them, so it felt natural to me. Of course, it's never gone smoothly for them before -- is this time the charm?

6) You seem to have a knack for Penance, so I'm curious what makes him so special to you, especially as you focus on him in your "Fear Itself: The Home Front" story?

I've always been a sucker for characters seeking redemption. I think Robbie has come a long way since "Civil War" -- both Paul Jenkins and Warren Ellis made a point of progressing him as a character -- and I wanted to continue that journey. There's a lot to work with.

Captain Cavalier is also curious about this "journey" and makes some pointed points about the points you're making:
1) In "Fear Itself: Homefront," you make some very pointed and interesting comments about the internet and social media. It almost seems to suggest that you're saying it's bad, but a necessary evil -- is that right? It also could easily be interpreted that this is your experience as a comic book writer...

Cap, I can see how you might feel that way based on the first issue or two, but keep reading! It's not quite as simple as that. If anything, the Internet is a tool that can be used for both positive and negative things, like most tools; you can use a hammer to build a house or smash one up. Over the course of the story, Robbie will see both sides. And I love the Internet! I'm old enough to remember having to research by going through the library card catalog; I am so glad it's easier now!

2) I loved "Avengers Academy" #13! It was fun and celebrated "down-time" in a way many books seem to have forgotten. I was curious about the whole romance woes going on between Justice and Firestar. What made you decide to address this here? Any chance there will be more fall-out from this?

I thought it was natural for the characters, especially after Sean McKeever had them meet again in the "I Am An Avenger" miniseries. Also, some readers had wondered why Justice slept with Ultragirl when he had previously expressed to Firestar that he wanted to wait until marriage, and I thought it was important to clarify that -- explore how and why his views have evolved.

3) While the song has been overplayed a bit, the "Baby, you're a firework..." felt appropriate. Did you choose the song? As I've tried to write my own comic before, do you need to get permission for song rights to do something like that?

To answer your second question first, I'm no lawyer, but I think it's okay to use a short excerpt or quote like that -- just a line or two. And no, I didn't choose the song. My original choice, shall we say, betrayed the fact that it's been a while since I went to a high school dance! Eternally young Bill Rosemann and actually-young John Denning picked "Fireworks," and I agree it was a good fit!

And now I'll have that song in my head all day -- thanks Christos!
Anunn has sent our last email of the day, and he begins with some idle chit-chat about the weather:
1) In your issue of "Astonishing X-Men," we see Ororo using her powers on the space station. I thought her powers didn't work in space? Or does she only need atmosphere? What's the going theory on this?

Well, Anunn, she's become more powerful over the years. My take is that her powers do work to an extent in artificial atmosphere, but they're lessened. But you're right, I don't think they'd work in the vacuum of space.
2) When Hank first sees his X-Men pals, he mentions the Secret Avengers. How "secret" is the team? I thought other folks didn't know about them. And are you (or someone else) going to address the irony that Hank was upset with Scott for having a secret team (X-Force), but he is now a member of a covert team?

My understanding was that Hank was less upset with the existence of a covert team per se than the methods that team employs. The Secret Avengers, under Steve Rogers, still adhere to the Avengers code of behavior. And I think that while Hank may not reveal the details of his activities with the Avengers to his old X-buddies, they know he's working with them. I know other Avengers teams are aware of their existence, if not specifics.

And now it's my turn to dig into your secrets, Christos, with this week's "Behind the X" question. As summer is coming, can you tell us about your favorite camp experience during your formative school years?

I never went to camp! I preferred to spend my summers reading comic books!

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 24 2011, 19:38

A partir da edição #36, Astonishing X-Men passou a estar vinculada estritamente à continuidade dos outros títulos mutantes e a contar com duas equipes criativas: uma liderada por Daniel Way, outra por Christos Gage. A edição #38, primeira de Gage no título, saiu na última quarta-feira nos Estados Unidos, e ele é o convidado dessa semana do X-Position.
O escritor disse que não há muita relação entre sua história e a de Daniel Way, então os leitores não precisam comprar a edição de um deles esperando que haja algum reflexo na do outro. Os dois escritores dividiram o título em duas histórias paralelas, cada uma com um elenco diferente de X-Men. Gage escreverá a equipe formada por Fera, Tempestade, Agente Brand, Kitty Pryde (e Lockheed) e Colossus. O primeiro arco traz como ameaça a volta da Ninhada. O escritor confessou que uma de suas grandes influências foi o trabalho de Joss Whedon, sem esquecer das histórias clássicas de Chris Claremont nos X-Men.
Gage lembra que chegou a mencionar o rompimento entre Scott e Hank na primeira edição, mas ele não é determinante para esse arco. Contudo, o autor ressaltou que a saga Schism está próxima, uma oportunidade para que esse rompimento seja explorado. Um dos leitores ainda perguntou sobre a ironia que é termos Hank em uma equipe de Vingadores Secretos, quando ele rompeu com Scott justamente por causa da X-Force. Gage disse que o problema da X-Force não era ela ser um segredo, mas os métodos que utilizava.
Sobre os outros títulos que escreve, como Avengers Academy, Angel and Faith, Absolution e Fear Itself: Home Front, ele afirmou que, após Fear Itself, há uma grande probabilidade de termos mutantes em Avengers Academy.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 31 2011, 20:12

X-Position com Aaron:
Spoiler:

Taurean is up first and sent in a terrific trio of queries...
I am really excited about "X-Men:Schism!" I liked the fact mutantkind was united for a while, but I've always felt the best stories come when there's conflict; like when Cable had X-Force and they didn't see eye to eye with Professor X's methods. This leads to my questions:
1) I heard this story is about Cyclops and Wolverine, but will we see any of the other strong-willed X-Men putting in their two cents? Storm would be a great choice because she is a queen and ex-leader of the X-Men...

We'll see loads of other X-Men over the course of "Schism," but for the most part, the story will focus on Scott and Logan. In the aftermath of "Schism" though, we will most certainly see the reactions of all the other X-Men to what has happened, as everyone is forced to choose sides.

2) Who else is involved with this event? Will we see Jubilee and maybe some of the New X-Men? If this is going to rock the X-Men's world, I think everybody needs to get a punch in!

No Jubilee, but some of the other young X-Men do play a role. I've always loved Rockslide and Anole, myself.

3) I know this event is hush-hush, but can we get a hint as to what this big bad threat is?!

The X-Men actually face a few different threats over the course of "Schism," but really it's the philosophical divide between Cyclops and Wolverine that proves to be the real problem.

As "philosophy" is a thinking man's game, Marcus wants to know if we'll be seeing a certain thinking man in your story:
1) Will Beast play a decent-sized role in the X-Men "Schism" event? Or will his involvement be limited to minor appearances?

We won't see Beast in "Schism," but I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in the aftermath.

2) Many X-Men fans may feel that "Schism" is the X-Men version of "Civil War." Is that an accurate statement?

In some sense, yes, I suppose so. One of the main goals with "Schism" is to make sure that there's no easy answer to the debate between Scott and Logan -- that each side has a defensible position. When we first talked this story over at our annual X-retreat, we had pretty heated discussions in the room, with some folks fiercely defending Scott's side, other's Logan's. That's when I knew we were on the right track. Hopefully fans will be just as torn in deciding which side they agree with.

3) This question may be better suited for an editor, but I was wondering if you could tell us how many of the other X-books will be affected by "Schism" and if there will be any one-shots or miniseries spinning out of this event?

During "Schism," I believe the only series that will be directly tying in is "Generation Hope," as Hope and some of her Five Lights all play a huge role in "Schism." It's only after "Schism" that we'll see the effects ripple over into multiple titles, including the arc of "Wolverine" that begins in November.

4) This event has been positioned as something that will change the X-Men status quo again, but I was wondering if these changes will be nullified with the return of the Scarlet Witch over in "Avengers: Children Crusade?"

No, the return of Scarlet Witch will not affect the events or outcome of "Schism" at all.

Marius665 apparently has a magic lamp, and used one of his wishes for the following:
About a year ago on X-POSITION, I suggested a Wolverine Omnibus. It looks like both our dreams have come true! Out of curiosity, how does it feel to have your stories collected in a thick volume like this? Do you have a special place on your bookshelf?

So I have you to thank, Marius665? Thanks a bunch. I'm thrilled that Marvel's collecting all my Wolverine work, just like I was when they collected my Ghost Rider work. My very first comic work was a Wolverine story, all the way back in 2002, and I've been working with Wolvie for most of my career since, so the Canucklehead and I have become quite close. He still won't tell me how he gets his hair to stand up like that though.

I feel like there's a "Something About Mary..." joke in there, but I'll refrain.

Andrew feels bad for all that Logan goes through and thinks that you'll want to get together with the other Wolvie writers for a round of Kumbaya...

1) Wolverine is going through some tough times in his main series, and I was wondering if we'll see the fallout from all he's experiencing in his other titles ("Avengers," "Uncanny X-Force"). Do you coordinate with the other writers who use him?

Yes, we all coordinate as much as possible. Marvel holds retreats two or three times a year where a bunch of us writers get together and bounce ideas off each other. In particular, Rick Remender and I are always talking about ways to tie our stuff together. He recently picked up the threads of the new Deathlok I'd introduced in "Wolverine" and ran with it, and later this year, I'll be picking up a few of his threads, though I can't say exactly where just yet.

2) With "Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine" wrapped up, do you have any other plans for those characters? Maybe another team-up featuring Spider-Girl and X-23?

If you've seen the last page of "Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine" #6, then you know there's definitely going to be a follow-up story to this at some point, probably in the pages of "Wolverine." As for other 'Spider' characters, look for Spider-Woman to show up soon in "Wolverine" as well.

The Big G (not me) gets in the last questions of the day for Jason Aaron... and his beard?
1) Jason, so far you've mostly written Wolverine solo or in a duo a la "Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine" (which is phenomenal by the way). How has it been writing "Schism," which seems to encompass the X-Men as a whole? Have you discovered any new favorite characters? Does this make you want to write a team X-book?

Yeah, I love getting to write so many X-characters I've never written before, plus ones I've tinkered with a few times before. New favorite characters? Idie from Generation Hope, most definitely. What a terrific character. And Iceman. I really love Iceman. A team book, you say? I don't know, but I'll just say I'm looking forward to being a part of the X-universe in some way or another for the foreseeable future.

2) You mentioned at Wonder-Con (if i recall correctly) that you were going to focus on some of the younger X-Men in your upcoming book. I know you've said Hope and her posse would get some time, what about the others? A few of them have shown rather negative opinions of the X-leadership -- mainly Cyclops -- in recent months. So given the nature of "Schism," it would seem like a few of these students might want to express their opinions...

Yes, several of the students will play a key role in the events of "Schism," and again, it's in the aftermath of the story when we'll see everyone express their opinions on the outcome.

3) Concerning "Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine" (I can't wait for the hardcover!), is there any time period in history you wish you could have sent Wolverine and Spider-Man to that you weren't able to fit into your story?

Yeah, my original outline was just insane. In addition to everything that's ended up in the book, I had them going to the Middle Ages, fighting Galactus on an alien planet and being stranded in the 15th century where Spider-Man started the New World Avengers with Sasquatch, Red Wolf and an Aztec Ghost Rider.

4) Who would win in a brawl of the beards: your beard, Brett Keisel's of the Steelers, or Brian Wilson of the SF Giants? All three of you guys have pretty epic beards and they make my goatee feel unmanly...

That battle might destroy the world as we know it.

That would make an awesome event – "X-Men: Split Ends."
And as long as we've moved to a fairly random question, it's time for today's "Behind the X" get-to-know-you query! Jason, as "Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine" deals with the world's craziest reality show, I'm curious if you have a favorite reality TV show? And if you could participate in any reality show, which one would it be?

Historically I've hated most all reality shows, but lately I've become a big fan of a few. I love the cooking competition shows, like "Iron Chef" and "Worst Cooks in America." My wife has me watching "Oddities," because the interior of our house very much resembles that shop -- full of skulls and animal bones and all sorts of weird old stuff. If I could participate on a show, it would have to be "Man vs. Food." I got to hang out and watch when Adam filmed the Kansas City episode. I'd love to chow down at the places he goes, even though I'm not quite sure it would fit with my diet.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Maio 31 2011, 21:03

Schism está tendo seu prelúdio lançado nos Estados Unidos, o que aumenta as dúvidas dos fãs que esperam por mais uma grande saga mutante. Jason Aaron, responsável pelos roteiros dessa história, é o convidado da semana do X-Position.

Aaron reiterou que a história será focada em Ciclope e Wolverine, embora muitos X-Men apareçam nas edições. Depois da saga, haverá enfoques nas consequências do evento para muitos membros da equipe, já que todos serão forçados a escolher um lado. Jubileu e Fera não aparecerão na saga principal, embora Hank poderá ser trabalhado nas edições posteriores. Alguns dos jovens mutantes aparecerão, e Aaron destacou que gosta especialmente de Pedreira e Anole.

Aaron concorda que, em certa medida, Schism é a Guerra Civil dos X-Men. De acordo com o escritor, os X-Men enfrentarão ameaças diversas durante a saga, mas a divisão virá principalmente por motivos filosóficos entre Logan e Scott.

Quanto aos tie-ins da saga, ele disse que apenas Generation Hope terá uma ligação direta com Schism, uma vez que Esperança e as Cinco Luzes participarão da mini principal. Depois de Schism, mais revistas serão afetadas, inclusive a de Wolverine a partir de novembro.

Ele garantiu que o retorno da Feiticeira Escarlate, em Avengers: The Children’s Crusade, não afetará em nada o decorrer ou o final de Schism, então, pelo menos por enquanto, os efeitos do Dia M não serão desfeitos.

Sobre Wolverine, ele disse que haverá algumas ligações do final de Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine na mensal de Logan e que a Mulher-Aranha aparecerá por lá em breve.

Por fim, depois de dizer que está adorando escrever uma história de equipe, ressaltando personagens como Idie e Homem de Gelo, Aaron disse que pretende continuar no universo-X de alguma forma em um futuro próximo. Há chances, portanto, de que Aaron assuma algum título dos X-Men, que não apenas Wolverine, depois de Schism.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Jun 07 2011, 20:48

X-Position com Chris Yost:
Spoiler:

Taimur Dar sent in our first email, but he didn't have questions about the X-folks. Instead, he wants to hear more about the other team you're currently writing -- you know, the one on TV?
I'm not writing in for anything X-related, but I want to say I am loving "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" as the last few Season One episodes air in the states! I dig the inclusion of the larger Marvel Universe, so I'm curious if any other guest stars will be popping up in Season Two? Also, with the Captain America movie coming out, I'm wondering if the Red Skull will be returning in the second season as a featured villain?

Season Two is going to have a ton of guest stars. You're going to get the Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy and an expansion of the Marvel Universe -- Avengers-style!
And then regarding the Red Skull -- well, he did escape. I would not be surprised at all to see more of the Red Skull. So keep watching!

Marcus Martin will follow that command, but he had a couple of inquiries as well. How about some quid pro quo?
1) Regarding "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," is there any chance of having more X-characters guest star within the second season of the show? Can you give us any hints about the next season?

I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm going to have to say "keep watching."

2) As a writer within the Marvel animation department, do you have any news regarding the next Marvel animated movie?

That is a good question for Mr. Jeph Loeb, who is the head of Marvel TV and Animation. The "Thor: Tales of Asgard" animated feature was just released, and everyone should check it out because it's one of the best animated features they've ever done, spearheaded by Mr. Craig Kyle. But as far as future releases, again, it's a question for Mr. Loeb.

It appears we'll have to stick that question in our back pocket and move on to Joe, who hopes you might be adding a bit of Creole seasoning to your life.
1) I'm a huge Gambit fan and I loved what your portrayal of him in "Second Coming: Hellbound." Is there any chance we can see more of you writing the Ragin' Cajun?

I love Gambit, and I would be happy to write him. I was excited to write him in "Hellbound." I believe he's being showcased in "X-23" by Marjorie Liu right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if Mike Carey pulled out some plans for him as well. There's no Gambit in my immediate future, but I would certainly love to play with him.
Wait, that sounds bad...

2) I noticed in both "Hellbound" and the last issue of "X-Men," Dazzler always seems extra close to Gambit in your stories. Is this a mere coincidence or the start of something to come?

They're both young, they're both beautiful -- who can say what could happen?

Don't tell Longshot! Anubis00 finally brings us to the main topic of the day -- "X-Men: First to Last." And he has a theory he'd like to share.
I recently read "Uncanny X-Force" #10 and Dark Beast mentioned that Apocalypse was part of a long line of beings selected by the Celestials to make sure evolution takes its natural course. Then, when "X-Men Giant Size" #1 came out and the Evolutionaries appeared, Archangel said he could feel them in his wings.
I know it might be a bit too soon to ask, but are the Evolutionaries somehow connected to Apocalypse and the Celestials considering their mission statement is similar?

In "X-Men" #12 which just came out, you see the Eternals themselves were observing the slaughtering done by the giant prehistoric wolves. And Archangel's wings are obviously Apocalypse and Celestial technology, so I would say that it seems there might possibly be a connection that might possibly be answered in the next issue.

See, Anubis00? It pays to do your homework. Keep reading!
Aspbros wrote in with a handful of queries. Might you be willing to share a fistful of answers?
1) I don't know much about the Neo, but they seem to be the next step in evolution for mutants. Wouldn't the Evolutionaries want to encourage their existence?

If the Neo had continued to thrive, then yes. But something happened after M-Day where the Neo lost their powers. Now, when Hope returned, mutants got their powers back -- or mutants started popping up again -- but no new Neo did. So when the Evolutionaries checked in on them and saw that they weren't going anywhere, they took the actions that they did. So whatever happened with Hope reigniting the fire of mutantkind, it did not work for the Neo. So they were basically the end of their species and they were threatening mutantkind, and the Evolutionaries dealt with that threat.
The reason the Evolutionaries did not need the leader of mutantkind's permission to do this was that the elimination of the Neo posed no threat to mutantkind; whereas the elimination of humanity -- the dominant species on the planet right now…well, the world would be in danger if every human being on the planet were wiped out. And I believe the next issue will get more into that.

2) The Evolutionaries don't seem to have done the same math that Beast and other scientists have. If they kill all Homo sapiens, there won't be enough species to intermingle with to grow new mutants. What's their thinking on this?

That's a legitimate question, but things are happening that I don't want to spoil. The Evolutionaries are obviously not going to take actions that will wipe out mutantkind in the long term; they truly believe that if mutantkind is the superior species they will find a way to survive. And if they don't survive, they weren't meant to.
You're going to see more of this down the road, but the Evolutionaries are not perfect -- in fact, they're fairly flawed. The world has changed greatly since they were created, and you're going to see that they have their flaws.

3) The Evolutionaries seem pretty powerful. Can they restore life as well as take it?

Nope.

4) If the Evolutionaries really want to help out, shouldn't they go after Wanda, who caused M-Day?

No, because she's not a threat at this moment

5) What kind of point will the flashbacks play in your story? I'm assuming we should expect to see more of them…

The flashbacks are the origin of the Evolutionaries. So every flashback you're going to see is another step in their creation.

Ramelito wraps up our reader mail by inquiring about your former writing partner (on "New X-Men" and "X-Force") and a web you're weaving in another book at present:
1) Have you spoken to Craig Kyle since "Thor" opened? As one of the producers, he must be pretty pleased. Can you tell us what he is working on?

I just left a restaurant after having a meal with him. I actually work across the hall from him, and he is beyond hard at work on a couple different things that, if I speak of them, I will be killed.

2) In the "Fear Itself: Spider-Man" miniseries, you keep going back to these "everyday citizens" and how they're reacting. What is the inspiration behind them and will their stories intersect with Spider-Man's?

The goal for me was to show Spider-Man's kinda like the everyman -- you know, just like us. Because "Fear Itself" is such a huge, world-shattering thing, I really wanted to bring it to the ground level and see how the rest of the people are dealing with all of it. And the short answer is: not very well.
And, yeah, every single one of the people you see will start to interact with Spider-Man over the course of the series. So when issue #2 starts, everyone whose story wasn't resolved last issue will keep going into this one -- and maybe a new one will pop up, but Spider-Man will touch all off of those lives before this is all over -- and more.

3) I've found Vermin to be especially creepy ever since "Kraven's Last Hunt." What made him the logical villain for your story? Or is there another villain we have yet to see?

"Kraven's Last Hunt" was the inspiration for putting him in here. I love that story. I mean, Vermin was the one villain that Spider-Man was flat-out afraid of…like, had it in his head that he couldn't beat him. He was creepy; rats are creepy. I hate rats.
And there's a preview out right now that shows the first five pages of issue #2, and Mike McKone does such an amazing job, you really feel just how creepy Vermin is.
Vermin is an obstacle that Spider-Man has to deal with, but is not the villain of the series. Really, this series is kind of a departure for me where there is not a central villain, it's more episodic. Spider-Man, over the course of three days, is just trying to hold everything together. So he encounters regular people; he encounters Vermin; he encounters all kinds of things. Vermin is not the through-line here.

And now, it's time for an encounter with me as I get to ask today's "Behind the X" get-to-know-you question. As we're discussing the topic of fears, could you tell us about one of your phobias and where you think you acquired it?

A fear I've had recently is a fear of any kind of amusement park ride: roller coaster, heights, going too fast -- I am not a fan. And I don't know where it comes from -- it's always been that way.

Fortunately, you're never afraid to answer fans' questions. Thanks Chris!

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Jun 07 2011, 21:02

Chris Yost é famoso na franquia mutante por seu trabalho em Novos X-Men e X-Force, mas agora está à frente de um arco em X-Men. Em “First to Last”, Yost discute o conceito de evolução, mesclando um encontro passado e um presente dos X-Men com os Evolucionários. Na edição #12, os Eternos apareceram, e o escritor disse que pode haver alguma ligação entre os Eternos, os Evolucionários e Apocalipse, a ser explorada na próxima edição.
No início desse novo arco, os Evolucionários extinguiram os Neo porque eles pararam de evoluir após o Dia M, embora parecessem, anteriormente, estar em um estágio de evolução superior aos mutantes. Como os Neo não ameaçam a existência dos mutantes, os Evolucionários os exterminaram sem pedir permissão para o líder da espécie mutante. Contudo, em relação aos seres humanos, eles precisarão da permissão desse líder. Yost ressaltou que os Evolucionários não são perfeitos e também cometem erros, e os leitores verão mais sobre isso na sequência.
Yost admitiu que gostou de escrever Gambit em Hellbound, mas não tem planos imediatos para escrevê-lo, já que Remy está em X-23 e Legacy. Um leitor perguntou sobre as aparições de Gambit e Cristal em Hellbound e na última edição de X-Men, mas ele desconversou, dizendo que foi apenas porque os dois são jovens e bonitos.
Continuem acompanhando o trabalho dele em “First to Last”, arco atual de X-Men.

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  leonardobento em Ter Jun 14 2011, 21:52

X-Position com Marjorie Liu:

Spoiler:

Our first question of the day comes from Chad. He's feeling a bit lost and is looking for a starting point. Can you provide him with one?
Having not been a reader of the "New X-Men" series, I feel like I've missed the boat on X-23. I read her original appearance in "NYX" and that's it. Where would you suggest is a good place to jump into reading about her?

You should definitely explore Craig Kyle and Chris Yost's "X-Force" run, where she had a significant role. I also recommend the first volume of "NYX," as well as "X-23: Innocence Lost." And, if I might be permitted to push my own run, check out "X-23" #1 and onward!

You are permitted and more! Renaldo has been following X-23 long enough to be an expert and sent in a couple of questions about influences:
1) You brought over threads of X-23's bloody X-Force days as well as her tainted and rough past, but what led to the Sinister reveal (as this seemed a dormant thread lately)? Also, the Alice influence and her history seem inspired by Milla Jovovich's "Resident Evil" -- are there any ties or is this just coincidence?

Actually, I chose the name "Alice" because I was thinking of "Alice in Wonderland" -- a girl falling down a hole into a strange world...which is sort of what happened to X-23.
As for Miss Sinister and Sinister (who I do promise to address in the future), there's some history there with the original Weapon X program that fascinated me... that, and Miss Sinister was on my mind after learning about her encounter with Daken.

2) How did you decide to make Storm a mother figure early on in the arc? And then you also gave a pivotal role to Gambit -- why? What inspired their usage?

I felt that X-23 needed some sympathetic adults in her life. A person like her doesn't relate to kids her own age -- not easily, anyway. What is she going to talk about with them? Boys? Clothes? Movies? The latest gossip on Utopia? That's laughable. I'm not saying that X-23 is like an adult -- far from it -- but her sensibilities are mature and not at all frivolous.
Storm was an orphan, a thief, forced to grow up at a young age and take care of herself under difficult circumstances; same with Gambit. If any two people could understand X-23 -- an abused child trying to make sense of her own life -- it's them.

Rory has also enjoyed the "creole seasoning" you've added to the book and sent in some inquiries:
1) I am one of many Gambit fans who love the way you've been writing our Ragin' Cajun, and I like that Remy LeBeau's role is on equal footing with Laura. Do you have any plans of touching on the Death aspect of Gambit? What would X-23's possible reaction be if she discovers that Gambit has a "dark" side?

Thank you! I don't have any plans to touch on the Death aspect of Gambit, though I'd love to at some point.
And if Laura discovered that he had a "dark" side? I suspect she would be rather understanding, given Gambit's own compassion toward her troubled past.

2) I must admit that I wasn't a big fan of X-23 at first, but now I am so touched by her struggles to hide her pain and loneliness while trying to maintain her "killer" façade. Any chance of a love interest for Laura in the future (even though you once mentioned that Hellion will not be appearing again anytime soon)? I am dying to see how Gambit would react, considering that he is acting like a father figure to X-23...

Er, funny you should ask...
No, really. Hellion will be returning in #17, with Sana Takeda on art.

The Big G wrote in to celebrate an anniversary of sorts and wanted to know about the possibility of a reunion:
1) Looking back on your first year with "X-23," did you accomplish all that you wanted to? Is there anything you wish you could have added or done differently?

That's a hard question to answer. Are there moments that I wish I'd handled a differently? Sure. But overall, I'm satisfied with this first year and I've learned a lot as well.

2) From the latest news, it seems Year Two of "X-23" has Laura returning to NYC. I seem to recall you saying that we would see Laura's old NYX posse eventually. Would it be too bold to assume that they will be showing up in the arc with the FF?

Sorry, they won't be showing up in this particular arc... though they will be mentioned. X-23 certainly has not forgotten her friends.

Marcus Martin also hoped to find out more about X-23's upcoming trip and was curious if she was going to have any "amazing" discussions:
1) Given that X-23 is going to meet up with the FF in a future issue (and that Spider-Man is a member of the FF), could we finally have an issue where Spider-Man and X-23 team up and talk about the Spider-Man clones and their lives as a way to show X-23 that clones can have lives too?

Spider-Man and X-23 will definitely be teaming up (so much fun to write and see Phil Noto draw, let me tell you). I wouldn't rule out a conversation about clones...

2) How would you describe the relationship between X-23 and Logan and how would you say it differs from the relationship of Spider-Man and Ben Reilly?

Well, for one thing, X-23 and Logan don't share the same memories. They might be genetically similar, but both of them have lived vastly different lives that didn't intersect until recently. There's no confusion either about who is the "original" and who is the clone. In fact, I think X-23's genetic origins are beginning to matter less and less (to her) as the series continues and she becomes more fully her own person.

MarvelMaster616 had a couple of questions that cut to the quick:
Marjorie, you're doing an amazing job at making "X-23" one of my favorite books. For this, I thank you. Keep up the excellent work, and here's my questions:
1) Wolverine seems to have his hands full with both Jubilee and Laura, but Laura seems to be doing a lot worse than Jubilee. Can you talk about how he's planning to help her?

That's a good question, though I don't know if I have a great answer. Wolverine isn't going to stage an intervention, but in this case he doesn't really need to. Just being there -- showing X-23 through his presence that he does care -- will go a long way. I think, too, that Wolverine might also feel that Gambit has taken over his role as father-figure and mentor.

2) In recent issues, you dealt with a pretty serious theme -- self-mutilation. Why is X-23 resorting to this? How did her battle against Daken in "Collision" lead her to such a state?

She killed the innocent victims of Colcord's experiments -- and some of those victims were children. She was able to put that aside during "Collision," but the memories are still with her... and so is the guilt. Not just guilt for those deaths, but all the people she's killed over the years. Guilt, like any powerful emotion, is difficult for X-23 to deal with, and pain is a safe response for her when she feels too much.

Speaking of marks on her body, Taurean was wondering about the décor on one of X-23's appendages:
Just curious -- what is up with that soul mark on Laura's hand? Does it do anything?

I will be coming back to the soul mark...

In addition to that mark, Drew would like to hear more about another aspect of Laura's soul...
Marjorie, I have been enjoying your run on "X-23." You have done fantastic work on Laura's character, and X-23 has become one of my favorite teen characters in all of Marvel. I was wondering if we are ever going to see that blue light from X-23's soul again (from #3). I thought it was a compassionate way for Laura to see herself in a different light...

Thank you! I tend to think of that blue light as a symbol of Laura's mind and soul asserting itself, which means it's still there, inside her. Does that mean we'll see it again? I don't know. Maybe.

Mr. Suarez enjoys the silence and feels that you might as well...
Given X-23's stoic nature, would you consider writing an issue without any dialogue if given the go-ahead?

I think that would be huge fun.

I have nothing to say to that... but I do have today's "Behind the X" get-to-know-you question! According to your blog, you have spent a good deal of time in China. What do you miss most about that country when you're here in the U.S.?

Lots of little things -- the high energy, for one. Nothing ever stops in Beijing (or Shanghai), and there are stories everywhere. Take a walk through the city, and you just feel infused with a sense of possibility. There's a lot of hope in China (things are so much better than they used to be), and there are many opportunities to remake yourself as a business person and artist. You feel that in the air...

leonardobento
Diretor do Instituto
Diretor do Instituto

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Página 11 de 12 Anterior  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Seguinte

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Voltar ao Topo

Permissão deste fórum: